James McCarthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we have spent all our money improving contracts and extending contracts for absolute dross maybe?

We genuinely cannot be that skint, I can't even begin to comprehend how poor we must be as a club if we can't even afford to improve the contract of arguably our best player!

We genuinely cannot be that skint, I can't even begin to comprehend how poor we must be as a club if we can't even afford to improve the contract of arguably our best player!
The money has to be there for transfers I am sure. I just think our Manager wastes too much on extensions to dross he should be getting rid of asap.
He hasn't convinced me at all on this front.

He will get his improved contract dont you worry. I think theres many options on the table from him -from us I mean. Wouldnt be suprised if Martinez wants to extend his contract while at it.

I'm interested to know of all these other defensive midfielders who score their fair share of goals. I can't think of one but people keep mentioning it. There is going to be a few disappointed fans when he scores less than 4 again next season because it's not his job to score lots of goals and also isn't capable of it.

I'm interested to know of all these other defensive midfielders who score their fair share of goals. I can't think of one but people keep mentioning it. There is going to be a few disappointed fans when he scores less than 4 again next season because it's not his job to score lots of goals and also isn't capable of it.

If like to know which other team played all season with two sometimes three defensive miss and still had a very poor defensive record, even more so which team would then have a player wanting a new contract after that. McCarthy was as bad as anyone last season and is hugely responsible for our dour attacking play. He is a good defensive midfielder, but no more, he is not close to being our best player or world class. He is hugely overrated by some Everton fans.

He deserves parity with the best paid players at the club imo. You've all seen for yourselves how gash we are when he's out injured.

I'd be more bothered if we lost him over Stones.

NEA.

If like to know which other team played all season with two sometimes three defensive miss and still had a very poor defensive record, even more so which team would then have a player wanting a new contract after that. McCarthy was as bad as anyone last season and is hugely responsible for our dour attacking play. He is a good defensive midfielder, but no more, he is not close to being our best player or world class. He is hugely overrated by some Everton fans.

I disagree that he was bad last season. He was one of our better players but injuries prevented him from having a great season.

Who do you see as our best players then, as I think he is up there, especially in terms of importance to the team? I do take your point about him being over rated slightly though and world class is a ridiculous claim. I also think that those asking for more goals etc are being a bit deluded about what a defensive midfielder's role in the team is though. Does Matic get goals? He's by far the best defensive midfielder in the league. Schweinsteiger got 7 once for Bayern, and other than that the most he got was 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.