2023/24 James Garner

He would be a quality operator in a side that would attempt to play with the ball.

I’d like to see him under a manager who doesn’t serve up century old football.

Like watching kids at school. Genuinely reckon some PE teachers would show more technical nous than Dyche.
4-3-3 with him, Onana and Gomes. Question would be our wings tho, Beto for ST.

I'd take him out of the line up for Tuesday. Just not happening for him atm. Not through a lack of trying as he's still trying to show for the ball, but he's been in poor form for a couple of months and maybe time for him to sit on the bench for a game or so

4-3-3 with him, Onana and Gomes. Question would be our wings tho, Beto for ST.
I think 433 is dead when the 2 wide forwards have the dynamism of centre backs. And the 2 full backs are crap/unadventurous. And no domineering CM. Completely empty the middle of the park but knowingly offer zero threat from out wide. Almost seems too obvious that it would super easy to play against when you have McNeil and Harrison involved.

Also seems Dyche sticking to a shape and set of players completely at odds with his only way of playing. Smash it to Dom, he wins more than his fair share of flick ons to absolutely no one. Wide players gasping for air on the touchline, Doucoure probably in the process of tripping himself up, and Onana either without the instinct to provide an attacking threat, or banned from leaving the middle third.

I think 433 is dead when the 2 wide forwards have the dynamism of centre backs. And the 2 full backs are crap/unadventurous. And no domineering CM. Completely empty the middle of the park but knowingly offer zero threat from out wide. Almost seems too obvious that it would super easy to play against when you have McNeil and Harrison involved.

Also seems Dyche sticking to a shape and set of players completely at odds with his only way of playing. Smash it to Dom, he wins more than his fair share of flick ons to absolutely no one. Wide players gasping for air on the touchline, Doucoure probably in the process of tripping himself up, and Onana either without the instinct to provide an attacking threat, or banned from leaving the middle third.
Maybe a bit more inverted like a 4-3-2-1 christmas tree.

Garner and Gomes as passing CMs, Onana as holding, all of them way better than Doucoure.

Yeah, far too callow.

The difference between this bunch of players and the rabble that Joe Royle inherited from Mike Walker is that the latter were actually capable of a fight once properly organised. Even though I have now lost confidence in Dyche, I'm genuinely not sure too much can be done with this motley crew of wallflowers. Garner sums them up.