2023/24 James Garner

I think the drop off happened a fair while ago, which is perhaps why people aren’t noticing it. He has been average, at best, for a while now.
What I'm saying is he has always been average at best. He's not a game changing or dynamic player. More of a complimentary piece that looks good when the better players around him are playing well and looks bad when they also aren't performing.

What I'm saying is he has always been average at best. He's not a game changing or dynamic player. More of a complimentary piece that looks good when the better players around him are playing well and looks bad when they also aren't performing.
He's just another Tom Cleverley type player, sits in the middle of the park just watching the game all around him.

Can we not play him RB?
Don’t mind this shout. I like him but we can’t rely on him to be the “creative” midfielder, he’s not good enough but he could get up and down the right side and put in some crosses.

If we want genuine creativity then, as many flaws as he has, we probably have to find a way to play Gomes. He can’t run but he’s technically way ahead of the rest.

He has no options at all when he has the ball. Look at the pitch map of our players today, there is nothing except a line of 11 players right down the middle of the pitch. Feel sorry for him trying to make anything happen in this mess of a side.

He's just another Tom Cleverley type player, sits in the middle of the park just watching the game all around him.
Pretty much yeah. Your Cleverleys, Davies', Brownhills etc. They're a dime a dozen. He got pegged as some creative dynamo because he took set pieces at Forest in the championship when in reality he very rarely impacts a game.

Pretty much yeah. Your Cleverleys, Davies', Brownhills etc. They're a dime a dozen. He got pegged as some creative dynamo because he took set pieces at Forest in the championship when in reality he very rarely impacts a game.
What's he supposed to do with this around him? How can he create from this?

1711841640723.png

What's he supposed to do with this around him? How can he create from this?

View attachment 250670
Hes one of the ones not creating. It's his job to. He's the main culprit in the above passing sideways and never carrying the ball.

Yeah the shape is bad, the players around him are bad and the manager is bad. But let's not pretend he's setting people up and they're missing sitters. He just recycles the ball constantly. It's what he did for England's U21s and its what he did for Forest. I'm not blaming him for all our problems but as I said, he's a complimentary piece.

Hes one of the ones not creating. It's his job to. He's the main culprit in the above passing sideways and never carrying the ball.

Yeah the shape is bad, the players around him are bad and the manager is bad. But let's not pretend he's setting people up and they're missing sitters. He just recycles the ball constantly. It's what he did for England's U21s and its what he did for Forest. I'm not blaming him for all our problems but as I said, he's a complimentary piece.
I'll ask again, how can he create when his options are all 5-10 yards next to him, with no width, with no skill. You're literally proving my point in your second paragraph, he most certainly isn't setting people up because there's nobody to set up. This is a pretty simple take to grasp.