Jagielka in England Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember a certain Dominic claming Joleon wasn't that good a centre back and Yobo was better.

He proved you wrong, lid.:dodgy:

I love to be proved wrong in such circumstances.

And nooo i didnt say he wasnt a good centre back, i just thought Yobo was better at CB! But yes, now i think Lescott is the better option...just feel harsh on Yobo as he is still great, but isnt going to get into the team easily.

Lescott has always played better at CB, when he was down here at the Wolves he never looked the same player if he had to cover at LB, don't get me wrong, he was adequate enough at LB there in the championship but he's looked quality at every level at CB.

I'm happy for Jags though. :D

He's been a top class left back for us to be honest, he just struggled at the start of the season. I agree though his best position is centre back, we are all seeing that now.

Jagielka, Lescott and Baines all came from the Championship, not bad at all.

Capello should have called up Lescott with Jagielka. IMO Terry is now showing his age, look at this season, his fouling and red cards. A sure sign of not being on the ball. If capello wants to win the WC then he should look at bedding in younger players now, not the has beens of 2 years time like terry and ferdinand.

Capello should have called up Lescott with Jagielka. IMO Terry is now showing his age, look at this season, his fouling and red cards. A sure sign of not being on the ball. If capello wants to win the WC then he should look at bedding in younger players now, not the has beens of 2 years time like terry and ferdinand.

Rio has been immense and will proberly still be quality in 2 years time!

One thing about Capello is that he does pick on form rather than on name and reputation, have to respect the man for that.

Phil deserves it, well done to him.

One thing about Capello is that he does pick on form rather than on name and reputation, have to respect the man for that.

Phil deserves it, well done to him.

bollocks.

Luke Young, Wayne Bridge, Upson, Carlton Cole, Terry, Heskey?
He is a ******* idiot. London & Birmingham, England's big cities, "fashionable" media clubs.

Everton's backline should be Englands.

On current form, I'd have put the whole Everton back four in the England squad.

Not kidding.

absolutely agree, i'm glad they didn't because they'd be fatigued, but the fact that we have the only all english back four means they already have chemistry, they know how to work with eachother.

as a unit we've been second to none imo, it would have been nice if more players were rewarded beyond just jags, but nonetheless its great.

Status
Not open for further replies.