2023/24 Jack Harrison

Thought Tarkowski should have been clearing that rather than give it to Harrison under pressure.
Probably one of his better games otherwise, just wish he'd cross earlier and with his right more often like earlier in the season. Too predictable cutting in and Godfrey is too reluctant to cross.

Another loan does make sense and that's coming from someone who really really does not rate him. Cannot fault his work rate and in a Dyche team work rate trumps everything.
This exactly. Puts in a shift every game.
I hope we do get him on loan again but we still need another RW with a bit of skill and more attacking flair to rotate him with. I don't want to see Ashley Young there!

This exactly. Puts in a shift every game.
I hope we do get him on loan again but we still need another RW with a bit of skill and more attacking flair to rotate him with. I don't want to see Ashley Young there!
He just needs to occasionally beat the defender onto his right foot and he’d be much more effective. Sew some doubt. As soon as the defender gets him stood up in a little face-off, they know 99% of the time he’s going to feign to the outside then cut onto his left.

He doesn’t even get many left footed crosses in any more either because they know that’s were he is going, so he does get a yard on them to clip one in. He puts a decent ball in. Could do it more often if the LB had to cover the outside too.

That said, our catastrophic right back situation has been hugely masked by his work rate and willingness and fitness (eventually) to come all the way back to the corner flag to help his right back out.

Loan yes. Purchase no. If Dyche got himself sacked in November, Harrison might be completely useless under a less “agricultural” manager, and he’d play 6 games a season for the next 3 years.

He works hard but my God he loses the ball A LOT.

If we can get him for another loan I would be up for it, but only as a squad player, but im dreaming if I think we have that luxury.
he seemed to be better at getting past his man when at leeds under bielsa
could be because of the pace they played at suited him
He loses the ball a lot trying to beat a man with trickery it seem to me

If we can get him for another loan I would be up for it, but only as a squad player, but im dreaming if I think we have that luxury.

He's not alone in this Everton team in giving balls away.

A new RB in this club and he'd be solid (and dangerous) at RW.

How are these two things even related? Cafu playing behind him doesn't stop him just losing balls or passing to the opposition.

He's just a very poor PL player.
Its related by virtue of the fact that if you have a FB able to offer the option of overlapping then opposition defenders cant easily force him into a hurried pass into the middle.

Its related by virtue of the fact that if you have a FB able to offer the option of overlapping then opposition defenders cant easily force him into a hurried pass into the middle.

But he's played with your fave Coleman and done exactly the same? It's okay to just call him crap. He's nowhere near good enough. Only thing he's decent at is running loads but so was Paula Radcliffe.

I think this is the issue. In my mind he is not good enough for our starting XI however right now he starts on merit.

We need to grow the team beyond him but that will take multiple more windows, an increase in income from the new stadium, new owners and a complete refresh of both the youth and coaching side and commercial side.

Right now, on loan, he is in.