Is there hope Joanna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get your point about Baines - he's been very good this season.

Lukaku is up front so therefore he is more often than not going to have his back to goal - unless your're advocating playing him right wing regularly?

Totally agree though about Distin - this frustrated the hell out of me on Sunday. We play the way we do, probing side to side quickly to keep the opponents moving, hopefully creating a pocket of space to get into. With Distin on Sunday, he would play the ball so slowly almost behind Baines that all the space created was lost.

I love Distin but it has to be Jags and Stones atm.

Don't get your point about Baines - he's been very good this season.

Lukaku is up front so therefore he is more often than not going to have his back to goal - unless your're advocating playing him right wing regularly?

It's a game of opinions. I thought Baines was poor in attack and a bit meh in defence. This was brought into sharp focus on Sunday but he's been a bit weak for a while (I'm not focusing on that brain fart in the second half_.

For Lukaku I think he could be on the last defender's shoulder a bit more. Or at least we should be trying more aggressive passes. giving it to him with his back to goal is just painful to watch.

Think baines has looked more like his old self this season, had an off day against palace, though, was doing my head in when it went out to him and he'd control it wait a minute then pass to distin, i want to see him charge forward with it, inject some tempo like we know he can.

Think Roms touch has improve alot, would like to see him turn with it and run at defenders more often though, hes been popping it off first time too much

2524120-9865857608-VA9dq.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.