Is the 1995 or 2009 cup final squad the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Toffee

Player Valuation: £60m
In my opinion the 95 squad was more a team built on teamwork and passion , whereas this years has a tad more flow about them. But there are similar attributes to both.
But this years squad just gets my vote. But only just.

No argument . This year's by a very long , country mile .
When fit , there is real quality . Even when , on the bones , we're still more than decent .
95 was a ride . A trip , but undoubtably the worst Everton side ever to lift a trophy .
The 4-1 semi was a one-off for that team . The nearest perhaps , for most of them was THAT wimbledon game . They were a limited , though exceptionally motivated bunch .
We now KNOW we've got something .
The Binman was still majestic in 95 , especialy at wembley itself , but he was on the downward slope .
Timmy / Jags / Mikel /Bainsey / Jo Lescott / .
This side has got more . Lots more .
Thank fuk .
Come on the 'ton !!!

No argument . This year's by a very long , country mile .
When fit , there is real quality . Even when , on the bones , we're still more than decent .
95 was a ride . A trip , but undoubtably the worst Everton side ever to lift a trophy .
The 4-1 semi was a one-off for that team . The nearest perhaps , for most of them was THAT wimbledon game . They were a limited , though exceptionally motivated bunch .
We now KNOW we've got something .
The Binman was still majestic in 95 , especialy at wembley itself , but he was on the downward slope .
Timmy / Jags / Mikel /Bainsey / Jo Lescott / .
This side has got more . Lots more .
Thank fuk .
Come on the 'ton !!!

very well put i can add no more totaly agree;);)

The 95 team was on paper awful, but they had the never say die attitude that the current squad have. Theres more quality in the current squad, but in terms of team spirit I doubt you could seperate them.

I think this squad has a lot more passion than the '95 one personally, Duncan aside. The likes of Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Jags, Neville, etc. We never come out lacking on the passion side of things when we play anybody these days

Better manager, better squad.

Royle was a good manager but you can't compare him to Moyes. You can i suppose, but thats only because Royle has won something, hopefully Moyes will put this one to bed.

When you have nob'eads like Horne in your team, i try not to get furious.

95 for fight and guts. hate to say it but we saw at portsmouth that when the going got physical our players just got kicked. and the secret is out, chelsea are a much bigger heavier faster side than pompey.

09 for everything else, apart from having the one and only up front and rattling headers in. suppose its one of those questions, just how many more goals could he have got with the type of service currently being provided by pienaar and baines - and thats just from the left.

i suppose one way to look at it is to consider how many from '95 would you add to our small squad, & how many of those would be first team regulars?

i wouldn't mind having ferguson, limpar, parkinson, southall added to the squad - but only ferguson, posssibly southall at that stage, would command a regular place in the team. limpar would be perpetually on the bench & used as a super-sub, as was often the case throughout his career. parkinson would probably just be an extra squad member who could do a job when called upon, maybe he could make that defensive midfield role his own, but i'm not sure if he'd be the quality we really want there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.