Hypothetical Martinez question

Would we be in a better position right now with Martinez still in charge?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the slide/ rot had already begun from his 2nd season, I don't know if that was completely down to martinez, the players being gobsh1tes or off field decisons or a mix of all of the above.

Edit; the same rot is still happening at present so that's not just a problem of the martinez era.

There seems to be a pattern emerging with the players at the club.

No because:

- We were still bottom half
- Our best players would still all have left
- We'd have still brought Steve Walsh in
- We still wouldn't be able to defend
- The protests against him would still have continued and the home atmosphere would still be toxic

I dunno. It has been said that hes got a Jedi mind trick on players.

I think he'd be able to persuade better players to come with the money Koeman spent though.

That last Martinez year was the only time I’ve ever stopped getting up to watch the games. I can’t even remember how bad it was but I know I’d got so sick of it I stopped caring. That hasn’t happened yet so based on that, no we wouldn’t be.

Are people seriously forgetting how bad it was under Martinez?

If there had of been another 5 or 6 games left in that 2015/16 season, we would have went down.
We were awful but we did get to the semi final of both cups that year. We also probably had a better squad than we do now - we still had lukaku and stones, baines and barry were a couple of years younger, and we hadn't yet signed dross like williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.