Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The closer you are to the goal the less you have to make a decision. Being in the goal means you're not in play and don't have to make a decision at all. It's a very clever psychological move.

The man needs to get on some Crunk Juice or somat...playing like a scared U-17 who got thrown in because of an emergency.

** Now that I think about it, maybe he is on the Crunk and has taken up 'drunken keeper karate' **

When can get him a nice grill and call him Lil' Tim...

WHAAAAAT!?!?! OOOOKKKK!!!

a top keeper dominates his box and controlles his defence, howard does neither of these things this causes confusion and hesitation in defenders .howard is a good shot stopper (as are all keepers)but he is a vampire where crosses are concerned as yesterdays goal (and others)prove,unfortunately the nature of english football demands that a keeper has to deal with a high rate of crosses and if the opposition sense a weakness in this area they will exploit it .to many goals from set pieces and crosses coceded this season and its costing us dearly.

The man needs to get on some Crunk Juice or somat...playing like a scared U-17 who got thrown in because of an emergency.

** Now that I think about it, maybe he is on the Crunk and has taken up 'drunken keeper karate' **

When can get him a nice grill and call him Lil' Tim...

WHAAAAAT!?!?! OOOOKKKK!!!

*doffs cap to Lil Jon ref

There's probably only Neiler who's been more critical of him over the past couple of years but I can't blame him solely for that goal yesterday. He should have come and took it but at the same time the opposition CB should never, ever get a free header at the back post from a set piece.

Distin and Heitinga along with Howard are responsible for that.

People are talking about how open we are but a lot of goals we concede are from set pieces. Cahill was very good defensively in this area and someone else needs to step up. For me this makes the case for Shane Duffy to start. He can't be much worse than the other two clowns in open play and he's seriously dominant in the air at both ends of the pitch.

Bloody hell mate.

I respect your opinion as a fellow keeper but he definitely did something wrong.

He came halfway out then retreated causing confusion and indecisiveness in the defenders minds and his own. He could have just cleaned everyone out and they probably wouldn't have scored.

I offer now as the time for TXBill and Kay20 to come out with excuses for Howard.

I said in the game thread that he made three good saves and then missed the fourth - that he absolutely should have made - and has low confidence. I have also said he is off form. I have not had "excuses" for his form, I even noted his form was different for his national team vs. Everton, but apparently you keep wanting me to write them.

I don't want to pile on him, and I don't hate him. I also still think there are other players we need more than a GK.

Excuses my ass. Just because I don't think we need to go spend 10 million pounds on a GK doesn't mean I think it's all rainbows and unicorns with Tim Howard right now. He is off form. What else do you want me to say?

P.S. And I hope you're giving our back line as much grief, because they are just as culpable right now. Howard has a role, don't get me wrong, but our CBs aren't helping.

Now I have just seen it on a full screen I think he could have been more decisive in this situation. He was not the sole reason we lost 2 points yesterday like some are saying.

Theres lots of things said in here that are just ridiculous. The common being the standard "he does not command his area enough." Every teams goalkeeper has that said about him in this league by their own fans funnily enough. I know why it is said, but I wont say why I think it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.