• £15-20m

Votes: 39 24.7%
  • £20-25m

Votes: 18 11.4%
  • £25-30m

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • +£30m

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • not even arsed weer gonna win the leeg anyways.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • £4.2-10m

Votes: 54 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez will get what ever Philip Green decides he can get away without a revolution by the fanbase. Luckily for him the majority of fans are prepared to take it up the hoop and sneer at fellow supporters who want to stand up and protest.
The club is sinking without trace and until we get Kenwright ,Earl ,Woods and Green out of our club we will never progress.

Martinez will get what ever Philip Green decides he can get away without a revolution by the fanbase. Luckily for him the majority of fans are prepared to take it up the hoop and sneer at fellow supporters who want to stand up and protest.
The club is sinking without trace and until we get Kenwright ,Earl ,Woods and Green out of our club we will never progress.

She was a lovely woman but really wanted to move on.

She's likely to pop by say hello at some point but I don't think she'll be back.

First sensible reply in the thread!!

Simply don't understand why people are getting worked up about the figure being spent: SURELY the quality of the players being brought in matters more? Or do people REALLY want the likes of Jonny Evans or Scott Dann in, just so they could then boast "We've spent over £12m on two players" (ie one of those two plus Deulofeu)?

Worrying about the sum spent over and above the quality of the player purchased with said money is, to my humble opinion, a bit strange. Personally I think Martinez should be looking more at the loan market - he was very successful doing so in his first season with us but seemed to neglect it almost completely in his second season. Whatever the reason, (and whilst that reason is worthy of discussion itself, I think that's a topic best covered in its own thread) we appear to be short of cash - or at least ACTING as if we are short of cash. Perhaps Martinez is waiting to make additions at reasonable prices, rather than splurging the cash and CREATING a scenario where we have to sell someone next year to balance the books?

I suppose a bit more transparency would be nice - for instance, maybe the board IS stockpiling cash to fund a new stadium - but the risk with further transparency is that it allows other clubs to exploit our financial situation, if it IS quite tight. Equally, if we are actually fairly flush (as in theory we should be) then what sense does it make to openly advertise that fact? City just paid £49m for Sterling and part of the reason his fee was so high was that the RS knew that City have squillions and squillions to spend.

The loan market is perfect for us. We could get potentially a Bartra and Roberto on loan (the latter played RB as well). Another Left sided winger on loan, plus we purchase Praet for 12-13 mil. So we spend 13 mil, but get 4 players. We get a 3rd choice CB, another CM who can also play RB, and two left sided wingers one of which is a playmaker (potentially Roberto as well could be playmaker playing midfield)

£0. He's done spending I think.

I think there is sod all inthe kitty also. can see it being a few loan players near deadline day of course this also depends on the club sticking two fingers up to Chelsea. If Stones goes then RM has a few bob and I don't believe his not for sale comment.

Excellant post

Lowest spenders in the prem this summer despite last season's debacle. The board are budgeting for Martinez's sacking around the end of November.

Just thinking of the amount of extra money that has poured in from the TV deals and how our wage/revenue ratio dropped significantly, we must have a fair bit of money to spend.

I think we'll spend £20m net, based on Stones not going.

Just thinking of the amount of extra money that has poured in from the TV deals and how our wage/revenue ratio dropped significantly, we must have a fair bit of money to spend.

About £20m yes. It's utterly ridiculous that we've been out spent by every team in PL but that's about to change that.

If I recall right bobby said he'll do some business early and biggest stuff comes later in the window.

We would be lucky to spend £20M with Stones going with Bill in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.