Homegrown player watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just I personally thought we could see Barry leave if he wasnt given assurances by Koeman and as I say some people have implied we should bin off The Clev and McCarthy, as I say, I think we will have to think about the impact any sales would have regards this rule.
Yeah definitely, although I think that not meeting the rule just means you have holes in your squad, it doesn't mean you're fined or anything. Squads are basically 17 players plus 8 English players so we could fall short without it mattering too much. IIRC Chelsea and City don't meet it.

Yeah definitely, although I think that not meeting the rule just means you have holes in your squad, it doesn't mean you're fined or anything. Squads are basically 17 players plus 8 English players so we could fall short without it mattering too much. IIRC Chelsea and City don't meet it.

Yeah a good point I suppose.

The Home Grown player rule took effect at the start of the 2010/11 season and involves all Premier League Clubs.

All 20 Clubs must include eight Home Grown players out of a squad of 25 for that Premier League season.

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Clubs are able to supplement their squads with unlimited additional players under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences.

25 Squad players (*=Home grown)
*Baines, Leighton John
*Barkley, Ross
*Barry, Gareth
Besic, Muhamed
*Cleverley, Thomas William
Coleman, Seamus
Funes Mori, Jose Ramiro
*Gibson, Darron Thomas Daniel
*Hibbert, Anthony James
Howard, Timothy Matthew
*Jagielka, Philip Nikodem
Kone, Arouna
*Lennon, Aaron
*Lukaku, Romelu Menama
*McAleny, Conor Michael
*McCarthy, James
McGeady, Aiden John
Mirallas Y Castillo, Kevin Antonio Joel Gislain
Naismith, Steven John
*Osman, Leon
Oviedo Jimenez, Bryan Josue
Pienaar, Steven
Robles Blazquez, Joel
Rodriquez, Leandro Joaquin

We currently have 12 HG players.

Hibbert, Osman, Gibson are out of contract, Lukaku and Stones are heavily linked away, Barry could look to move on, same with McAleny, which would leave us with only 5 HG players.

I know a lot of people would like to see us get rid of McCarthy and The Clev, but I think the HG might factor in a lot of our business this Summer.

Y u include geadZ Goat?

Another way of looking at the rule is that you can name a maximum of 17 none HG players in your squad of 25.

Take Howard and Peanut out of the squad and we're comfortably underneath that. And that's including players like Kone, Gibson and McGeady who are far from essential. There's no need to let HG status affect our recruitment policy in the summer.

To be fair to Goat, since this Koeman deal has edged closer I've read more on him and one constant criticism of him from Southampton fans seems to be that he doesn't promote from within and that's a worry because it's fair to say the Notwich game was exciting with Kenny, Dowell, Davies and Pennington.

Wasnt i "poo poo'ed" when i raised this point as well as him falling out with their best players (same at valencia)?

Very worrying.

I'm basing my Brexit vote entirely around whether Snivelley stays or goes

For avoidance of doubt LEAVE US SNIVELLEY YOU INEPT GNOME CREATURE

Status
Not open for further replies.