Hibbert Bashing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true. Football is not about sentiment, its about results. You need the best players in each position. At the highest level mediocre players are always found out.

You make it sound as though we are awash with funds, attract any player in the4 business, we're not so make do with what we've got and Hibbo is OK with me, there are far worse out there

I am not going to criticise Tony Hibbert ever again. We know he has limitations but he is a solid blue. Been with us from day one and never to the best of my knowledge has he ever moaned. When called upon to fill in he does so and gets on with job just as he did as a CB.

A solid professional footballer.

This in a nutshell. Couldn't be more accurate.

You make it sound as though we are awash with funds, attract any player in the4 business, we're not so make do with what we've got and Hibbo is OK with me, there are far worse out there

I know. I just mean when you reach finals etc , players like Hibbert get found out, as the cup final last season proved.

Always gives everything, loves everything and everyone about Everton FC and as brave as anyone on a football pitch.

I suppose any opinion of Tony Hibbert would depend on how much value you place on those attributes versus his evidently limited ball-control, pace and technique.

One thing I'll say about Tony Hibbert is that you always know exactly what he'll give you on a football pitch, week-in, week-out.

Don't agree with anyone who feels that players like Tony have no place at Everton. Without people like Tony we're just another professional football team. With people like him and Ossie and Timmy and Phil, we're Everton.

Jaysus that got a bit gay near the end didn't it? lol

Another great post about...oh, no wait. It's just too gay at the end.

Never mind. :p

No, I'm kidding. Seriously. Another good post.

Hibbert is limited, but he can do his main job well, which is to defend and pt in a good tackle. Moyes has always said (final aside) that he can be relied upon in the big games. All those people who talk about his poor crossing haven't taken account of the fact that over the last two seasons it has shown a marked improvement.

He's not meant to be a winger and some seem to want to judge him on the basis of being somethng he ain't. For such a poor crosser of the ball he's already got two assists this season.

He'll never get into the prem's top 11, he won't play for England, but the reality is that if others want his shirt, they're gonna have to unseat him, and show Moyes that they can do better, week in, week out.

Whats te use of hating, he doesn't pick the team, he's a hard worker and a committed blue. Perhaps we should try and treat our own with a bit of respect.

[B said:
Whats te use of hating, he doesn't pick the team, he's a hard worker and a committed blue. Perhaps we should try and treat our own with a bit of respect[/B].

This, well said BT;)

I actually think he is a vastly improved footballer. Remember back in the day when he used to play all those lofted balls down the line which drifted into touch? And never getting forward at all? etc

Now he gets involved in attacking and hardly ever gives the ball away. Seriously keep an eye on him next time he plays..

I don't hate him. It's just terribly fustrating to watch him play at times. He had enough play time to win the fans over but he clearly lack the ability to do so. Unlike fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.