Heitinger @ right back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are too quick to give in for Hibbert. Just look at what he done last season, think of the great games he played. He needs time to mature. He is practicing his crosses in to the box and is getting better, soon he will be great. The dutchman is not as good, he looks angry, you can not control the ball with anger and agression, you must control with finess and patience and hardwork, qualities Hibbert contains.
I am passionate about this, please don't give in on Hibbert.

Solid enough. I wouldnt say he was adventurous but he doesnt mind getting forward or cutting inside and having a pop on goal. Must have had about 3 long range efforts from right back.

Was moved into the middle. He's not a hoof merchant but can pick out a pass rather than just tonking it, likes things on the floor and is tidy. Strong in the tackle. Got booked I think.

I bet he doesn't take as long as Hibbo to get his first goal. Having said that, Hibbo is bound to get one now.

I think people are too quick to give in for Hibbert. Just look at what he done last season, think of the great games he played. He needs time to mature. He is practicing his crosses in to the box and is getting better, soon he will be great. The dutchman is not as good, he looks angry, you can not control the ball with anger and agression, you must control with finess and patience and hardwork, qualities Hibbert contains.
I am passionate about this, please don't give in on Hibbert.

Finess and patience? lol. Are you his dad?

It was striking how differently the team played with Heitinga in the team instead of Hibbert. My long-time suspicions were confirmed: opposition doesn't really care to mark Hibbert because they know he is useless going forward. So their left midfielder can come inside and basically stop our central midfielders from playing. Hoofball it is after that. Plus of course Hibbert either doesn't have the option (because of this) or he is otherwise only interested in giving the ball to Osman whereas Heitinga used many more options.

It was striking how differently the team played with Heitinga in the team instead of Hibbert. My long-time suspicions were confirmed: opposition doesn't really care to mark Hibbert because they know he is useless going forward. So their left midfielder can come inside and basically stop our central midfielders from playing. Hoofball it is after that. Plus of course Hibbert either doesn't have the option (because of this) or he is otherwise only interested in giving the ball to Osman whereas Heitinga used many more options.

So you like Hibbert?

time as ever will tell but its his 1st start in a league he hasnt played in before so lets giv him a chance rather than going toffeeweb style and questioning his price tag / goal attempts :eek:

spot on i wont even bother logging on their to see how lucky we were to win and how crap and depressing our team islol

Hibberts a gooooner.

He'll be solid in the Championship for someone, but his time is up.

Thanks for the defensive memories Tony, but you will be remembered for the Final you never turned up for, for me.

Hibberts a gooooner.

He'll be solid in the Championship for someone, but his time is up.

Thanks for the defensive memories Tony, but you will be remembered for the Final you never turned up for, for me.

Oooooooooooh, that's very cutting. You'd probably bring a tear to Hibbo's eye if you said that to him.

I think Heitinga played very well, he is aggressive, and smart (rare combination) he's got good control on the ball, and he is also a good passer. I think his best position would be as a DM, but RB seems to suit him very well, he is not a wing back like Baines, but he certainly is a better defender than any of our other fullbacks (atleast that's the impression I get after yesterday's match) and he is very comfortable going forward to support the winger.

All in all very happy with his first start, glad we signed him for so little.

Don't see us selling Hibbert anytime soon but I do think he'll be more of a squad filler going forward, especially when Neville gets back up and running.

That said, I think Hibbert has had some very very good matches for us. I'd like to see him spend his entire career with us.

Don't see us selling Hibbert anytime soon but I do think he'll be more of a squad filler going forward, especially when Neville gets back up and running.

That said, I think Hibbert has had some very very good matches for us. I'd like to see him spend his entire career with us.

Thank you for your support of Hibbert. As I like to say he is like a good wine that will mature with age, we have many good years of Hibbert left at Everton. Let us not "cut the grass before the horse has bolted".

Status
Not open for further replies.