Heitinga

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a strong candidate for player of the season and we were raving about him at CB. He goes to the world cup, gets to the final, comes back, dropped.

Players get injured and he eventually gets back in at CB. He gets player of the year and people are raving about him again. He gets dropped.

I honestly can't understand why he's still here. If I was in his position, I'd have told Moyles all my favourite swear words and left.

For me he's easily the best of the three. And even if he weren't he brings calmness and communication that the other two aren't good enough footballers to bring.

He was a strong candidate for player of the season and we were raving about him at CB. He goes to the world cup, gets to the final, comes back, dropped.

Players get injured and he eventually gets back in at CB. He gets player of the year and people are raving about him again. He gets dropped.

I honestly can't understand why he's still here. If I was in his position, I'd have told Moyles all my favourite swear words and left.

For me he's easily the best of the three. And even if he weren't he brings calmness and communication that the other two aren't good enough footballers to bring.

+rep.

he'll get his turn this season, distin is nearly 35, he won't be playing all 38 games. heitinga was unfairly dropped for the start of this season but then jags proved moyes right in the united game where he was superb. i don't envy moyes having to pick two out of that 3, but heitinga has been harshly dropped imo. he should still get more than enough games this season though due to distin's age, it's good to see johnny care so much and want to play, as well as stick around and fight for his place here

I honestly don't rate Distin.

UUVQMmdqem1HTDQ%3D.jpg

He's prone to making big mistakes in big games. He has at least one wobble a game. Jonny and Jags everytime for
me. Distin's great to have as a bench option.

could be argued that distin won't be needed in games like stoke where there is no pace to mark. whereas against someone like villa with bent and agbonlahor, distin is necessary

Spot on, the guy is football class. Some of our fans have been spoilt by watching Gareth Farrelly and Earl Barrett etc, it's distorted their ability to perceive football correctly.

Spot on, the guy is football class. Some of our fans have been spoilt by watching Gareth Farrelly and Earl Barrett etc, it's distorted their ability to perceive football correctly.

I think it's because he can go games without even getting his knee's dirty whereas the other two are sliding in all over the show and looking all blood and thunder.

People who haven't played a lot of football themselves may not really grasp that the reason for that is heitinga's skill as a defender and footballer means he doesn't have to. But because it's not eye catching people don't think he's a player.

Watching how he coached Duffy along when they played together told me everything I need to know about the man and I bet that the player duffy learns most from is him.

distin and jags will be first team for most of the season, hetinga only has 2 years left on his contract, would make sense to sell now so we get good money for him.

distin and jags will be first team for most of the season, hetinga only has 2 years left on his contract, would make sense to sell now so we get good money for him.

So you want to sell Heitinga, and replace him with who for the money, assuming we get the whole amount ?

Keep in mind Distin is 35 in 3 months.

But why does he need to be ? He's already been benched for a large part of his Everton career, and when he wasn't he spent a lot of it in the wrong position. Distin is 34 and not perfect, Moyes shouldn't be forcing our defender of the year to sit on the sidelines. Either way Distin is heading out, the question is whether Moyes wants Heitinga to go to. If he doesn't he better start playing him.
You don't play players to keep them happy, you play them because you consider them to be best for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.