Has Moyes Lost The Respect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he is somewhat frustrated over the games that we have not done so well in and lets be honest some piss poor performances from some players. Buit Moyes is also responsible to some degree. I do not think it has anything to do with the transfer business apart from the Lescott debacle.

We can only speculate, but I did think there was a question-mark over the players attitude & sense of team-spirit at White Hart Lane - Moyes also seems to be questioning the attitude of some of his players. However, it would be out of character for Moyes not to deal with these matters effectively - although he must also look at himself when considering how the current situation may have developed. Great team-spirit & a never-say-die attitude are hallmarks of Everton under Moyes & I expect that to continue to be the case in the medium to long term.

I honestly think past Fergie and Wenger we have the best Manager in the country, maybe throw O'neil in there also. If everyone was fit i'd go as far to says it would be our best side in many a year!

Having said that, he must be getting a little annoyed there's 1 or 2 big players underachieveing.

Still Moyes is a GOD in my eyes.;)

I think the day Moyes thinks he's lost the players is the day he walks.

However I think we're a long long long way from that day.

I think the day Moyes thinks he's lost the players is the day he walks.

However I think we're a long long long way from that day.

Hopefully but its amusing to see all the random kneejerkers popping up from time to time.

You'd think they'd learn by now but some people really haven't got much of a clue.

Its ok, D-man bookmarks everything.

whatever is said, I like Moyes, and am more than happy with him as Everton manager.

There is a part of me that is still a little sad with the Spurs Exit, I thought the league cup, no matter how it is seen did represent a decent chance of silverware this season, and look at the draw, Manchester at Old Trafford, good luck with that one, have no idea what team Ferguson will field for that one, I don't know if he is taking the competition seriously.

Moyes has done wonders since arriving from PNE in 2002 with limited resources, the side has been a almost constant fixture in the top six by seasons end, had an FA cup final in 14 years this year, and I think he is one of the brightest freshest managers the game has seen in recent years, there was talk that he may be groomed as Manchester United manager when Ferguson steps down, that remains to be seen, but for now, whether anyone wants to agree or disagree I have no lime with him in the Goodison hotseat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Moyes or not, 14 years without a piece of silverware is simply not good enough for a club of this stature. I don't mean to upset anyone by that. Maybe I'm still living off the glories of the mid-80s but a trophy is long overdue. Must be patient, it will arrive sooner or later I have no doubt about that.

whatever is said, I like Moyes, and am more than happy with him as Everton manager.

There is a part of me that is still a little sad with the Spurs Exit, I thought the league cup, no matter how it is seen did represent a decent chance of silverware this season, and look at the draw, Manchester at Old Trafford, good luck with that one, have no idea what team Ferguson will field for that one, I don't know if he is taking the competition seriously.

Moyes has done wonders since arriving from PNE in 2002 with limited resources, the side has been a almost constant fixture in the top six by seasons end, had an FA cup final in 14 years this year, and I think he is one of the brightest freshest managers the game has seen in recent years, there was talk that he may be groomed as Manchester United manager when Ferguson steps down, that remains to be seen, but for now, whether anyone wants to agree or disagree I have no lime with him in the Goodison hotseat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Moyes or not, 14 years without a piece of silverware is simply not good enough for a club of this stature. I don't mean to upset anyone by that. Maybe I'm still living off the glories of the mid-80s but a trophy is long overdue. Must be patient, it will arrive sooner or later I have no doubt about that.

Champions next season! ;)

I think that Moyes is a superb manager; definately in the top three best managers of the premier league. He certainly still has my full respect, and I can see us winning a trophy in the next year. i'm hoping for the f.a cup :)

I think that Moyes is a superb manager; definately in the top three best managers of the premier league. He certainly still has my full respect, and I can see us winning a trophy in the next year. i'm hoping for the f.a cup :)

I have been thinking that the FA cup is our best hope of anything to cheer about this season.
It coincides with the return to match fitness of several players (fingers crossed)
However, it will be very competitive this year with 8-10 clubs all thinking they have a realistic chance.

As much as Moyes is a good manager, he is still going through a learning process just like every other.
The biggest gripe with me was the problems we've had behind the scenes 2 seasons running. This shows me he needs to take a long look at what went wrong, and ensure next season starts problem free.
With a little help from the board, we should have a real chance of success next year, but many things lie at Daveys door that he must deal with alone.

I know i will get burnt for this but just been watching the build up to the Arsenal - Tottenham game and Redknapp said in an interview that "all you can do as a manger is motivate your player's, the rest if upto to them to use there talent" etc etc.

With that said...have the players lost the respect for Moyes? Maybe after the way the Lescott saga went on? Or something to that affect?

Ok let the abuse begin....

Our history throughout Moyes's tenure as manager shows that all the staff, supporters and boardroom hold him in very high esteem........and to my knowledge that has not changed. Managers have to manage come what may, Moyes copes far better than most for example Benitez loses two main players and his team is off therails, Redknapp (I hate the bent prick) has more people hating him that most managers I know..............as Darren Bent and Pompey fans........he has never known the meaning of respect.

We have had some very trying times, far worse than any other club in the Prem, but we remain together as a team and a club...........its the Everton way;);)

As much as Moyes is a good manager, he is still going through a learning process just like every other.
The biggest gripe with me was the problems we've had behind the scenes 2 seasons running. This shows me he needs to take a long look at what went wrong, and ensure next season starts problem free.
With a little help from the board, we should have a real chance of success next year, but many things lie at Daveys door that he must deal with alone.

I was considering something similar earlier.
Moyes is still a very young manager with another 20 years in the tank.
I still wouldn't swap him for anybody else around. You might shout for a 'better' manager, but they usually have better resources.

With investment, I think DM may be the man to make us greater than we obviously already are :D

Our history throughout Moyes's tenure as manager shows that all the staff, supporters and boardroom hold him in very high esteem........and to my knowledge that has not changed. Managers have to manage come what may, Moyes copes far better than most for example Benitez loses two main players and his team is off therails, Redknapp (I hate the bent prick) has more people hating him that most managers I know..............as Darren Bent and Pompey fans........he has never known the meaning of respect.

We have had some very trying times, far worse than any other club in the Prem, but we remain together as a team and a club...........its the Everton way;);)

Always.

Status
Not open for further replies.