Has Moyes Lost The Respect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moore06

I know i will get burnt for this but just been watching the build up to the Arsenal - Tottenham game and Redknapp said in an interview that "all you can do as a manger is motivate your player's, the rest if upto to them to use there talent" etc etc.

With that said...have the players lost the respect for Moyes? Maybe after the way the Lescott saga went on? Or something to that affect?

Ok let the abuse begin....

I don't think so m8.
He's having a bad season just like the team, but I don't think there is a personal issue between him and the players.

I apologise mate, can be a little intimidating to post on here sometimes. Yeah i understand was just throwing it out there.

I apologise mate, can be a little intimidating to post on here sometimes. Yeah i understand was just throwing it out there.

Surely not, this is the peoples forum, the friendly place for exchanging views. You must have bumped into the Goat once too often!

You may have something in your post though about Moyes. Recent comments he's made seem to lay a lot of blame on the players, 'once they've crossed the white line there's not much he can do' etc.

The training pitch and dressing room must be difficult places with all the injuries, new characters around the place still settling in, feelings running high after a couple of bad results. We know he's had clashes before - Rooney, Lescott sagas. I can certainly see where you are coming from.

Hope he can get it back together before we have to write this season off.

I doubt it, he's been here for a long time and his methods seem to be working, alot of players have stood by him when they could have easily moved on. He's very much into team bonding and team spirit aswell.

I think our poor form is more down to lack of preparation in the transfer market and obviously, the injury crisis. We shoot ourselves in the foot every year by leaving it so late and these injuries are ridiculous, very few teams would be able to win games with 10-11 players out.

Me? Abuse somebody? Well I have never been so insulted..............

I doubt Moyes has lost the respect, surely the players must know the problems he faces, as much as we the fans should know. It gets a bit boring when people dismiss our injurys, its not just the players we are missing, its the affect it has on the fit players.

Imagine knowing today you face a very strong Villa team, you look around you and you see good honest pros, but you know for a fact that theres not 1 player with any creativity alongside you, it must affect them.

Knowing they havent got an out ball for Arteta or Pienaar, even Billy.

Ive said many times, football is played on grass, but its also won and lost in the mind, if you think negative thoughts, it will show in your play. A few seasons back, Chelsea lost Cech, Terry and Lampard for a few weeks, they couldnt win a game, we have had the spine of our team missing for months now and they are still missing.

Judge Moyes and the team when we only have 2-3 players injured, its wrong to judge anybody with nearly an entire squad missing, not to mention 4-5 nailed on first teamers.

Surely not, this is the peoples forum, the friendly place for exchanging views. You must have bumped into the Goat once too often!

You may have something in your post though about Moyes. Recent comments he's made seem to lay a lot of blame on the players, 'once they've crossed the white line there's not much he can do' etc.

The training pitch and dressing room must be difficult places with all the injuries, new characters around the place still settling in, feelings running high after a couple of bad results. We know he's had clashes before - Rooney, Lescott sagas. I can certainly see where you are coming from.

Hope he can get it back together before we have to write this season off.

I hope so too, it is a little farfetched but it was something i thought off.

I doubt it, he's been here for a long time and his methods seem to be working, alot of players have stood by him when they could have easily moved on. He's very much into team bonding and team spirit aswell.

I think our poor form is more down to lack of preparation in the transfer market and obviously, the injury crisis. We shoot ourselves in the foot every year by leaving it so late and these injuries are ridiculous, very few teams would be able to win games with 10-11 players out.

Fair enough mate, yeah the injuries are playing a massive part and that is understandable but a good core of these players have been together for a few years now.

If I may add to above, when the confidence is dented every bobble and loose ball seems to go against you.
On other days the teams we have been fielding would be beating Stoke, Wolves, given Benfica a better game etc.

I think things will still get worse before they get better, but they will get better and Moyes will keep the faith of the players.

I doubt Moyes has lost the respect, surely the players must know the problems he faces, as much as we the fans should know. It gets a bit boring when people dismiss our injurys, its not just the players we are missing, its the affect it has on the fit players.

Imagine knowing today you face a very strong Villa team, you look around you and you see good honest pros, but you know for a fact that theres not 1 player with any creativity alongside you, it must affect them.

Ive said many times, football is played on grass, but its also won and lost in the mind, if you think negative thoughts, it will show in your play. A few seasons back, Chelsea lost Cech, Terry and Lampard for a few weeks, they couldnt win a game, we have had the spine of our team missing for months now and they are still missing.

Judge Moyes and the team when we only have 2-3 players injured, its wrong to judge anybody with nearly an entire squad missing, not to mention 4-5 nailed on first teamers.

Yeah i agree the injuries are playing a big part to our current form, but at the end of the season and we have missed Europe will that be our excuse? Is that good enough? I certainly hope not...however im quietly confident today and think our season will turn around at home with a positive performance.

It wont be good enough, surely Moyes isnt happy with the way things are going, if there is 1 thing we know Moyes has got, its a desire to win every single game, he wont be looking for excuses, im fairly sure hes as pissed off as us.

Its more than just a job for him, well I like to think it is anyway.

Moyes will probably perceive in his mind that he is still doing a good job, but the players are letting him down.

Whether the subs are good/bad, the 90minute performance is not where it needs to be.

Did someone break into MG's account and write this? lollol

I think i am overlooking things maybe, just if you look at it...2 goals had to be conceded to wake us up last week, we were tired granted but as i said maybe the motivation is not there. But i can understand where everyone is coming from. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.