Half way through the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry

Player Valuation: £35m
We are on 23 points, where would you like us to be after the Wigan Game, be realistic. Would you be happy with 32 points? If the second half of the season mirrored the first this would give us 64 points. Is this enough for fourth.

i was asked this a few games ago and thought we would be at least on 35 points, obviously this has now changed.

So hard to predict tbh.

Fully fit in form and on a bit of a run with no ref blunders and there's no way we'd draw as many second half of season.

Five games till the New Year. We need to be getting minimum 10 out of 15 points if we want to keep pace for CL/EL. The last five games has given us just 6 from 15. Anything like that again and we can forget it and just dig in for a respectable finish only.

The manager has to go for every win. Forget about getting a goal and hoping your defence does a job. That will get us precisely nowhere. Attack from every part of the pitch...burning that right flank as it stands would be the first thing to do in that respect..

Five games till the New Year. We need to be getting minimum 10 out of 15 points if we want to keep pace for CL/EL. The last five games has given us just 6 from 15. Anything like that again and we can forget it and just dig in for a respectable finish only.

The manager has to go for every win. Forget about getting a goal and hoping your defence does a job. That will get us precisely nowhere. Attack from every part of the pitch...burning that right flank as it stands would be the first thing to do in that respect..

Your spot on here mate. The optimist in me is saying that this run is our seasons bad patch. The Evertonian in me is saying we will struggle over December and January with the extra pressure on the squad.

We are playing well though. If we weren't I'd be looking for the nearest highest building.

Can't see us beating all of Spurs, Stoke and West Ham.
I'd take 7 pts out of 9 against them if I'm honest.

I think with Mirallas hopefully back we have an excellent chance vs Spurs, and we habe enough to beat Stoke and West Ham.

I was thinking 35 points before the turn of the year, that'd be 4 wins from 5.

You can see 4th is do-able we have a good team capable of playing decent stuff with most of the usual suspects imploding but as usual we don't have the devil in us to grasp the nettle.

Someone will get their act together from the pack forcing their way up but I see the press getting into the Moyes contract business and a bit of a **** patch leading to the tiresome Moyes strops - no better than 6th I'm afraid.

This is our best team for almost 25 years - with a bit luck (injuries) and an inspired signing in Jan we can finish 3rd/4th.

some arsenal fan on the train home yesterday said we could finish 3rd

i laughed in his face and got off the train

Drop Naismith to the bench, put Mirallas back on the right with Coleman (vs Spurs and West Ham) or Hibbert (against Stoke) and we should realistically get the full haul of 12 points out of the next 4 games. There's no reason why we shouldn't, save the fact that Stoke are notoriously difficult to beat at home. Even then, they're hardly City or United and we've got 4 from 6 against them so far.

I firmly believe that with Naismith playing on the right we are losing 50% of our attacking edge, not to mention inviting opposing teams to tw@t us about down their left flank when they get possession.

It all depends on injuries. Fully fit we'd get 4th, but it's not very realistic to go the season without picking up anymore injuries. We need Mirallas back asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.