Gylfi Sigurdsson Deal Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the likes of Sandro, Lookman, Mirallas and even DCL is no slouch, they can all offer us pace. I think the issue we currently have is we are just so laboured on the ball and that's the defenders and centre midfielders jobs to pick up the pace.

Not saying I wouldn't mind a pacy winger or frontman ( once Seamus and Yannick are back this will make a huge difference to the balance and counter attacking power ) but I think if the likes of Williams, Jags and Baines were releasing the ball quicker with the likes of Morgan and Gana moving the ball forward instead of sideways then that would be a massive help.

So far ( and it's very early doors ) the thing that worries me most is Morgan and Gana as a pair, especially how Morgan has looked as he's looked way below what I'd class as good enough to be starting
TBH it’s not just about pace. It’s also running into space and being found. GS is perfect for that given the likes of Rooney and klaassen too.

Completely agree, Schneiderlin has been very ponderous on the ball so far this season, but very early doors.

Getting the right striker and defender will be crucial now but we will get it right.

Fingers crossed mate, basicslly just a couple short I reckon now and then it's up to Koeman to find that right balance and mix isn't it.

Can't wait for Thursday;)

Last edited:
Sigurdsson signs and Ross gets injured

giphy.gif

Fingers crossed mate, basicslly just a couple short I reckon now and then it's up to Koeman to fond that right balance and mix isn't it.

Can't wait for Thursday;)

Hear hear, can't see us smashing them so hopefully we keep a clean sheet and get at least a one goal lead to take over to there

Status
Not open for further replies.