Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad that 2 years ago we where needing 30m to sign this kid. I hope this deal does go through and he knuckles down and becomes the player he was touted to be. So many potential prodigious talents fall away, Rodwell, who sort of made it through to the likes of Baxter. Even Jeffers had his moment in the sun ended abruptly.

Talent gets you so far, but mental strength and application is what sorts out the very top players.
Bale would be a good example of someone who struggled at first but blossomed into a superstar.

Hopefully Del can do the same. How ace that if/when he signs 'Everloan' would have purchased Lukaku, Barry and Deulofeu.

Getting Del now is like getting Kanchelskis before he peaked.

Utter waste of a place in the squad

He offers pace and that's it, can't pass,tackle and his shooting is all over the gaff

I think Deufoleu has an opportunity to be a major scapegoat for us next season.
While he does divide opinion and although most people are positive hes a bit marmite and ones who dont like him really dont like him alrhough I think people should recognize he's a young player with plenty of development who was very decent to the fans when he left and specifically wanted to come back. If you don't like him fair enough but show class.

Status
Not open for further replies.