Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to gauge flicking through the 40 unread pages on this thread... Have we got him?! The absolute bile being spouted leads me to beleive he's signed for Liverpool for lower wages.

Reactions: emb

Nathan Dyer would be great for us.

How can a player who hasn't even been great for Swansea be great for us? Dyer is from the same stock of useless quick wingers who have seemed to be around in the premier league for ever. They have their day in the sun at some point, a Shaun Wright Phillips or Bolasie, might capture the eye for a bit but ultimately they just don't amount to anything. Substitute Nathan Dyer in that sentence for any of these names and at some point an Evertonian will probably have said it: Wright Philips, Matty Philips, Jerome Thomas, Thomas Ince, Aiden McGeady, Jason Puncheon, Robert Earnshaw, Wayne Routledge, Giles Barnes, Matt Jarvis - they are all the same, just ok, but not good enough.

How can a player who hasn't even been great for Swansea be great for us? Dyer is from the same stock of useless quick wingers who have seemed to be around in the premier league for ever. They have their day in the sun at some point, a Shaun Wright Phillips or Bolasie, might capture the eye for a bit but ultimately they just don't amount to anything. Substitute Nathan Dyer in that sentence for any of these names and at some point an Evertonian will probably have said it: Wright Philips, Matty Philips, Jerome Thomas, Thomas Ince, Aiden McGeady, Jason Puncheon, Robert Earnshaw, Wayne Routledge, Giles Barnes, Matt Jarvis - they are all the same, just ok, but not good enough.

Makes mental note of them player's

He's young, could get a lot better, he likes us, we like him, he is cheap in football terms (still a horrific amount of money in real terms but that's modern football).

What are we scared of? That he might dilute the galacticos squad we currently have? That he might oust McGeady?!

I will beleive it fully when I see it posted by the club, but if he comes: welcome back and all the best.

Wow, people comparing him to Bale.

And they have the cheek to laugh at what United fans say about Stones.

Marca have him in the worst eleven, the manager of Seville slated him and said he needs to mature. But yet people can't open their eyes and accept it.
He drifts past players like Saurez, has a great turn of pace and close control. The only problem I have with him is that he seems to have placed half of his wages on being 1st goal scorer and the other half on last goal scorer.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.