Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the Spanish media reckon he's going back there next season, but ive heard whispers that he does want to stay here another season like.

Can't believe he is only 19.

FC Barca lid, reckon we will get another season out of him?

At times I thought his game would be further along by now, tbh...He's been a devastating attacking player for as long as I can remember...His freekicks have improved as has his team play...His tracking back & defensive work has only seen a modest improvement - although almost entirely due to his time at Everton, IMO

While I thought he would be here for 2 seasons back in summer, I don't any longer which is what I posted back in December really...There will be several changes in the 1st team squad this season

At times I thought his game would be further along by now, tbh...He's been a devastating attacking player for as long as I can remember...His freekicks have improved as has his team play...His tracking back & defensive work has only seen a modest improvement - although almost entirely due to his time at Everton, IMO

While I thought he would be here for 2 seasons back in summer, I don't any longer which is what I posted back in December really...There will be several changes in the 1st team squad this season

Are all Americans so clued up on the inner workings of the Barca management and youth development teams then mate? Or am i mistaken and your actually a. Spanish not Amercan and b. From Barca not in fact some USA whopper who pretends he is a catalan?

I think there is a fairly good chance he will stay for another season. Think about it logically, it would be extremely beneficial to all parties. I don't think he will be starting regularly for Barca next season, just dont think he is quite good enough yet. Either way, he's not going to be playing as regularly for Barca as he would be for Everton and thus his development will be significantly enhanced playing every week in the Premier League. I think it would be extremely beneficial to Barcelona themselves in the long-run if he stays another season and I think Delboy himself would certainly be in favour given how well he appears to have taken to the club, the fans and the general environment.

Cant wait to have him back against Spurs! COYB!!!

Does anyone think that the fact Gerard missed nearly 2 months will help us get him again next season. Has not got a huge amount of playin time so maybe Barcelona will want him to develop even more. If he was here next season he would injuries permitting probably play 30 plus games

Let's all bow down to the Barca man and thank him for letting us borrow his player. Cheers mate.

Agree totally mate, maybe we can ask his opinion on all spanish players from now on, as i hear that ESPN shows a lot of spanish games in america like, plus he seems to be a rare american that knows spains location on a world map, also seems to be on knickname terms with Mou...

Or he could be some fat kid in california who owns a copy of fm and is a pure whopper

Christ, what simple binary thinking. What are you? Like, 4?

He's been great, a huge asset when on the pitch, but he's only played about 500 minutes and the only game he's dominated was the Stoke one. He's not dominated every game he's played.

Doesn't mean we don't rate him and wouldn't be happy if he stayed longer.

Looking forward to having him back, and hopeful he can do it a few more times before he goes back to Spain.

I reckon he's 10 or 11

I think, looking at how much he's actually developed here, it'd make sense for him to stay for another year. If they sent him here to get him to improve his discipline and teamwork, among other things, it's really not had much of a positive effect so far and as a result, I'd be very surprised and really quite baffled if Barca think he's earned his place in their side with his efforts here.

Obviously I don't know their thinking on him and whether or not they may need him whether he'd benefit from another year or not, so I have no idea if we'll get him back again. He may also show enough to them between now and May to suggest he's learnt enough, so nothing's certain.

I do think, if we got him for another year, that it'd be an enormous result for us. By next season I see him being mature, experienced and at home enough in the English game to terrorise most teams. We all know how talented he is. Whether or not he ends up a world beater is entirely down to him now.

Are all Americans so clued up on the inner workings of the Barca management and youth development teams then mate? Or am i mistaken and your actually a. Spanish not Amercan and b. From Barca not in fact some USA whopper who pretends he is a catalan?

It's all guesswork, on your end

Let's all bow down to the Barca man and thank him for letting us borrow his player. Cheers mate.

Let me go back to see where I was soliciting praise for his loan much less having anything to do with him being at Everton...or anywhere else for that matter...And I'm the one who is purportedly 4 ;)

If you're going to have loaned players, my advice is not to fall too deeply in love or at least accept that it's only temporary

Does anyone think that the fact Gerard missed nearly 2 months will help us get him again next season. Has not got a huge amount of playin time so maybe Barcelona will want him to develop even more. If he was here next season he would injuries permitting probably play 30 plus games

I think that might help...That and perhaps another injury...But it does appear that it's already been decided

At this point, you'd have to almost hope he doesn't do well for him not to be recalled at this point

I'm just pulling your leg, lid. It was obvious from the outset that we were never going to buy Deulofeu, so there's no hurt caused here. The only issue that has ever been up for debate is if he'll be here next season or not. Not sure if he will or not but I'd certainly welcome him back. I won't be too arsed if he doesn't though.

I think if he had continued at the rate he was going at and didn't get an injury then he'd probably be playing for Barca next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.