Gerard Deulofeu - Once a Blue, always a Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also seen Messi do that, that is not something Barcelona may need to stamp out completely from Deulo's game...That's also part of what makes him the star he is

I've also seen Messi look for his teammates when he knows he's not in a good position to score. Again looking out for the greater good of the team. Lets take a look at a comparison. Messi 2012/13 46 goals 12 Assists (League Only) 2013/14 9 goals 6 assists. Deulo 2012/13 (B Team) 18 goals 0 assists 2013/14 (League Only) 2 goals 1 assist. Who do you think is looking more out for the team? I'd say Messi. He can score at will but knows he has people around to help. That is the part Deulo can learn from Everton and Martinez. Martinez is not a guy who will allow a player to take on the game himself but rely on the guys around him. By staying another season it will only help Barca by having him learn this.

I've also seen Messi look for his teammates when he knows he's not in a good position to score. Again looking out for the greater good of the team. Lets take a look at a comparison. Messi 2012/13 46 goals 12 Assists (League Only) 2013/14 9 goals 6 assists. Deulo 2012/13 (B Team) 18 goals 0 assists 2013/14 (League Only) 2 goals 1 assist. Who do you think is looking more out for the team? I'd say Messi. He can score at will but knows he has people around to help. That is the part Deulo can learn from Everton and Martinez. Martinez is not a guy who will allow a player to take on the game himself but rely on the guys around him. By staying another season it will only help Barca by having him learn this.

Can't compare Messi of 2013 or 2012 to 19 year old Deulofeu?...Messi wasn't getting assists when he first broke into the first team...He had one job and that was to create danger/score from the wide right position, not unlike Deulofeu

Moreover, Deulofeu was the only scoring option for the B team...Their actual #9 striker, Luis Alberto, was the one who got the most assists in the squad because he kept dumping it off for Deulofeu to score

I think it's unfair to compare anyone to Messi, he's unique...But their club trajectories are very similar and are known for dribbling opponents with ease as well as finding the net...Beyond that, you can't hope to duplicate Messi again...Deulofeu doesn't need to be Leo either, he's quite good at his specialty and that will help everyone including Leo

That Data is wrong. Deulofeu had six assists last year.

But...to the point.....Deulofeu has been a superb impact sub, he's not been great in every game, but when he has been playing, he's been one of the best players for Everton. He has 4 starts and in two of them he's been man of the match.

A saw a poster comparing him to Naismith....just please. That's FCBARCA level stuff (on the other way)

And saying that he should not be starting...I'll say that before his injury he was really gaining minutes from Mirallas and Pienaar and was starting to play a whole lot more.

Let's see what happens next.

That Data is wrong. Deulofeu had six assists last year.

But...to the point.....Deulofeu has been a superb impact sub, he's not been great in every game, but when he has been playing, he's been one of the best players for Everton. He has 4 starts and in two of them he's been man of the match.

A saw a poster comparing him to Naismith....just please. That's FCBARCA level stuff (on the other way)

And saying that he should not be starting...I'll say that before his injury he was really gaining minutes from Mirallas and Pienaar and was starting to play a whole lot more.

Let's see what happens next.

Yeah our best forward line, with everyone fit, is del and kev on either side of ross and lukaku.

But will he be in the apple shop next week, I've seen him in shops for years now and he knows how to work all the things, so sometimes he doesn't share but theres no way he'll be back in that apple shop next week. I know all about shops

Sound

Can't wait for Gerard to get over his injury, I think Martinez said he was back Feb 1st so maybe he'll be on the bench for Spurs. The lid is pure talent, shame it'll take him a few weeks to get back up to speed as he's a great option for us.

I'd have Pienaar over Deulo for sure. Cruciaaaaal player still. Deulo and Kev to swap depending on which of them tries the hardest in the game before.

This season's Pienaar? Hell no. He played a great 2nd half last saturday, but he's put up a lot of stinkers this season. 1 goal in a winger that starts more than 20 games doesn't make it for me.

This season's Pienaar? Hell no. He played a great 2nd half last saturday, but he's put up a lot of stinkers this season. 1 goal in a winger that starts more than 20 games doesn't make it for me.

this has all been done to death in the Pienaar thread so I wont get into it again, but despite his lack of end product he is hugely important in the build up and its noticeable when he is not in.

Can't compare Messi of 2013 or 2012 to 19 year old Deulofeu?...Messi wasn't getting assists when he first broke into the first team...He had one job and that was to create danger/score from the wide right position, not unlike Deulofeu

Moreover, Deulofeu was the only scoring option for the B team...Their actual #9 striker, Luis Alberto, was the one who got the most assists in the squad because he kept dumping it off for Deulofeu to score

I think it's unfair to compare anyone to Messi, he's unique...But their club trajectories are very similar and are known for dribbling opponents with ease as well as finding the net...Beyond that, you can't hope to duplicate Messi again...Deulofeu doesn't need to be Leo either, he's quite good at his specialty and that will help everyone including Leo

Hahahaha, our American Barcelona fan is BACK!

With the greatest respect my friend - you don't get it at all. You're a gloryhunter deluding themselves that they're a talent spotter with Spanish roots. Look around you mate and drop the charade. You just look a prize plum.

Hahahaha, our American Barcelona fan is BACK!

With the greatest respect my friend - you don't get it at all. You're a gloryhunter deluding themselves that they're a talent spotter with Spanish roots. Look around you mate and drop the charade. You just look a prize plum.
For a globe trotting enlightened bloke, you can be right xenophobic.

Status
Not open for further replies.