Gareth Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another big fan of Gibson, here.

He one of those players who doesn't do the flash stuff but does the important nitty-gritty midfield work and does it extremely well. Very under-rated player.

We will be a stronger squad when he returns from injury again.

Gibson was often declared as one of our best players. Some posters went as far to say that he was the best

Now that Mcarthy and Barry have come in, the Gibson love is nowhere near as strong

I never got it myself

I mean, Gibson is a good footballer and I like him, but I always thought the hype he got was a bit OTT to be honest

The bloom is off the rose for the Gibson Lovers it would seem

Are you quite sure some of our posters were really saying they thought he was better than Baines and Mirallas?

I have never, since he signed, seen anyone claim that.

Of course he's not coming in for as much praise, he's not been playing.

What is this love-in you're on about? He was a great addition for us and cost £500k. He is undoubtedly a quality player when he's fit for a sustained period.

I don't get it, when a number of people rate one of our players that you don't particularly, does it have to be an "overzealous love-in"?

Gibson is superb, but his injury problems are a real let down. When he comes back and if we sign Barry permanently then the competition in midfield is fierce. Three outstanding central midfielders all going for 2 spots, could be more if Roberto decides to bring another CM in in January.

Gibson was brilliant pre season and has always been one of our better players IMO. As things stand currently Barry and McCarthy are first choice. Personally with gibson's injury record I don't think he can be relied on but still a brilliant option in the squad, as Roberto keeps saying its a squad game these days!

Are you quite sure some of our posters were really saying they thought he was better than Baines and Mirallas?

I have never, since he signed, seen anyone claim that.

Of course he's not coming in for as much praise, he's not been playing.

What is this love-in you're on about? He was a great addition for us and cost £500k. He is undoubtedly a quality player when he's fit for a sustained period.

I don't get it, when a number of people rate one of our players that you don't particularly, does it have to be an "overzealous love-in"?

I think he's good mate

7 out of 10, 8 on his best day

There were some people though at the time who were going on about him like he was better than that and how he made the team SO much better. I just never thought that. Yeah, he gives us other options but it's not like it was night and day when he played and others didn't IMO

He's a solid footballer who does the job well. He's not a make or break player that we just couldn't do without. Some people on here and at the match seemed to think he was the final essential piece of the puzzle, which I just didn't agree with

I reiterate though that I like him and I'm looking forward to him getting back to full fitness

love the way he always looks to get the ball off the back four and always seems to have space and time on the ball to build up play great signing by martinez

And this is the moment the overzealous Gibson love in finally died

(Not a personal attack on Jags but just a comment on the forum in general)

Gibson could do no wrong a few months ago. How things have changed

I'm no statto but I think Gibson has only ever lost 2 games with Everton.

He's been a quality player for us. Played in the win over man united last season. Scored v man city.

'His impact on Everton in his first two seasons was such that the club won 52% of the games he played in and only 25% of those he did not, with Gibson being hailed as the key link between attack and defence.'

Him and Barry and Mccarthy are fighting it out.

Hope he returns soon enough.

Martinez was there when he got injured.

I think he's good mate

7 out of 10, 8 on his best day

There were some people though at the time who were going on about him like he was better than that and how he made the team SO much better. I just never thought that. Yeah, he gives us other options but it's not like it was night and day when he played and others didn't IMO

He's a solid footballer who does the job well. He's not a make or break player that we just couldn't do without. Some people on here and at the match seemed to think he was the final essential piece of the puzzle, which I just didn't agree with

I reiterate though that I like him and I'm looking forward to him getting back to full fitness

Fair enough mate. In my experience though, I haven't seen him receive an ounce of praise he hasn't been due on here. He did make a big difference when we signed him. We have to this day barely lost a game when he's played.

Nor, as the comments here suggest have people forgotten what a good player he is.

It's not like everyone thinks he's average now. He's been put out of the side by a couple of quality players who are also in excellent form.

Fair enough mate. In my experience though, I haven't seen him receive an ounce of praise he hasn't been due on here. He did make a big difference when we signed him. We have to this day barely lost a game when he's played.

Nor, as the comments here suggest have people forgotten what a good player he is.

It's not like everyone thinks he's average now. He's been put out of the side by a couple of quality players who are also in excellent form.

And a knee injury

10 points to the first poster who can vault the post where the poster compares us to coventry city. with a championship manager and championship players like Barry and McCarthy. Then goes on to predict non league football in 6 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.