First Goodison Visit

Hi all! Coming over from US to see my first match at Goodison Saturday vs Hammers. Probably won't be seeing much as I'm high up in one end but looking forward to the experience.

What helpful hints do you have for me? When should I arrive? Any particular place to gather beforehand?

Thanks much
I was just over during Xmas for my second match and I would suggest that you should have started on the booze already. But get to the ground early and soak it all in. I like to hit the fan zone up to get a couple drinks easily and maybe a quick bite. Then just wander around, go in the Winslow get a couple more. Get in the ground. Take in that first site of the pitch, there is nothing like it. Get all your pictures in before the game, then put the phone away and just enjoy everything that happens next. Really is one of the great experiences to ever have. Plus, your fellow Evertonians are great and will continually wonder what is wrong with you for supporting this great club. Enjoy your trip.

You need to ensure you get at least 5 pints before the game to get the buzz going, 2 at half time to maintain it and then really pick up the drinking afterwards to drown your sorrows.

Get the drinking right and the rest will sort itself out.
How often do you blokes have to go for a pee?:rolleyes:

Oooh, sirens.
Guessing you're all...
frissons-goosebumps.gif

...right about now.
Nothing quite like it.

Hope the result caps off a great day pal. Enjoy 💙

COYB

Hi all! Coming over from US to see my first match at Goodison Saturday vs Hammers. Probably won't be seeing much as I'm high up in one end but looking forward to the experience.

What helpful hints do you have for me? When should I arrive? Any particular place to gather beforehand?

Thanks much

Hi mate, I’d like to apologise for what you witnessed today.

Fair play to you for making the game.

Hope you enjoy the city and the people.

All the best.

Make sure you visit St lukes Church by Gwladys Street on match day and go upstairs plenty of interesting Everton memorabilia there and interesting things to see.
Thanks so much for this suggestion. Really enjoyed my visit there. There was a guy selling vintage jerseys - said he was from Poland I think it was - he gave me his card but I have since lost it. If anybody knows his name or website please let me know.

thanks to all who offered serious suggestions. I really enjoyed the day there except for the result of the match. Great experience, especially walking around Goodison beforehand and when we scored at the end I was sitting in to go ahead. Too bad it didn't last. Went back the next day for a tour of Goodison and enjoyed that as well. Hoping to come back in a few years to go to a match at the new ground.