First Goodison Visit

Go over at least once a season on my own, Not a beautiful boozer but I go to Wetherspoons (Thomas frost?) early doors, get a spot facing the tellys to watch an early game and then always end up,chatting to sound Blues, enjoy, and hopefully better luck than me (1-3 Fulham 2-3 Brentford last two games )
I often go only own on the train and end up in th tommy frost, the walk from Lime street gets a bit of a thirst on so neck a couple of pints and people watch

Hi all! Coming over from US to see my first match at Goodison Saturday vs Hammers. Probably won't be seeing much as I'm high up in one end but looking forward to the experience.

What helpful hints do you have for me? When should I arrive? Any particular place to gather beforehand?

Thanks much
Get in the ground half hour before kick off so you get the full build up.
Enjoy your visit and I hope you bring us some luck.

I don't often go to games but would be nice to put faces to forum regulars' names one day. I'll definitely come up to see the new stadium so maybe I'll try to get a ticket but, if not, call in The Lisbon to say hello.
will be good to see you mate, normally wear this on match day

1709113861645.png

Sack off the match and go over to the Wirral for a lovely coastal walk from New Brighton to Thurstaston, taking in West Kirby and Caldy.

Guaranteed you'll have a much more fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Yeh but in 10 years time he won't remember his little walk,
But he will talk about his Fantastic/Nightmare experience at Goodison park

Yeh but in 10 years time he won't remember his little walk,
But he will talk about his Fantastic/Nightmare experience at Goodison park

The Goodison experience would trigger a path in his life that is influenced by PTSD.

The walk experience would give him sense of wellbeing that he will cultivate over time.

Extrapolate those two potentialities over 10 years and I know which horse I'm backing ;)

What helpful hints do you have for me? When should I arrive? Any particular place to gather beforehand?
Try not to rush anything.
Stop, take deep breaths, look around and take in every single emotion, sight, sound and smell you can.
It's a very, VERY, special place and she'll be gone soon and there's only 1 first time.

Enjoy every second pal.
Embrace that tingle as you see the grass for the first time. 💙

Try not to rush anything.
Stop, take deep breaths, look around and take in every single emotion, sight, sound and smell you can.
It's a very, VERY, special place and she'll be gone soon and there's only 1 first time.

Enjoy every second pal.
Embrace that tingle as you see the grass for the first time. 💙
The smell....
The 70s was ciggies ,chewing gum, cheap burgers/hot dogs and horse shabite
Great days