Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see how the premier league can do anything aside from negotiating a small fine..

If they had a case it would have been clear when we were sending them reports
I’m worried but agree. If we have been getting the nod for all spending, they would find it hard to say we overspent after the fact. If they had not been happy, we would have adjusted spending to make them happy.

The issue is that this could go back 3 years, and could be due to an alleged misrepresentation to the PL, not an issue with the accounts themselves.

Another point is that Red Bull were charged and guilty of breaking F1 spending rules. When the news broke there was pandemonium. But after all the drama, it turned out (allegedly) it wasn’t by a lot at all. I hate them, so in that case I still said rules are rules, doesn’t matter if you break them by 1p or £100million, burn them to the ground. But in the real world when assessing punishment, it obviously does matter how much. We probably buggered up the Richy sale by £25 or something.

The ironic thing about all this is it’s not like we’ve broken rules to make ourselves better have we? We’ve literally broken rules to make ourselves worse 🤣 So we’ve gained nothing. At least city broke rules and actually achieved something. Honest to god this board and owner are by far the worst in the league.

Probably the only club in world football so incompetent that it could cheat and get worse.

The ironic thing about all this is it’s not like we’ve broken rules to make ourselves better have we? We’ve literally broken rules to make ourselves worse 🤣 So we’ve gained nothing. At least city broke rules and actually achieved something. Honest to god this board and owner are by far the worst in the league.
It’s pretty hilarious how badly we have managed having any money. Couldn’t have gone much worse in all honesty.

I think it can all be summed up by the fact that our record summer signing ended up being arrested and has never been heard from again, and I doubt that’s even the strangest thing that has happened during this period.

The rule book says it could be a financial penalty, or “a sporting sanction of any kind”
I understand that, I was just highlighting that the PL cannot relegate a team to the Championship. They have no authority to do so. The sporting sanction in relation to relegation is kicking the club out of the league. But the Champs clubs would need to vote to accept the relegated team.

It's like we shot our way into a bank, to leave our own money in the vault

We should see the accounts next week for this, this has to be proven, though I suspect we are on shaky ground. How we got away with the year before is beyond me mind. We did however have our best year fall of our three year rolling period.

I hoped selling Richarlison and Digne we might be ok, the loss might be worse than I hoped.

An allegation is an allegation and has to be proven, sounds like the club have a defence. Even if we are found in breach that defence may be mitigation.

Remember the days of don’t stress we have a billionaire accountant…….!

The ramifications are being thrashed out by reputable journalists on twitter so should give us some idea of likely punishment.
AD374980-17D1-4DB0-9FB4-C8BDEA445F8F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.