Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is a min fee release clause. Said that all along, no doubt there is a escape clause for CL clubs but would then be dependent on clubs agreeing a fee.

I didn't think there was a clause until Kenwright said in the Martinez interview one of our players did have one. And I doubt it's Oviedo!

probably the top four/five have internationals with god knows how many clauses in their contract. I don't think anyone would refer to them as 'a release clause'. seems to be a phrase used to make it sound like he can just walk out the second a bid comes in, which is clearly not something that will be built into a contract or why have a contract. don't understand most of this. we all complain how small minded the club is but the press wave a nominal amount at the most dominating midfielder we have had since the 80s and we jump on the bandwagon

Let him join Arsenal, he wont win anything there. Too many pussies at Arsenal. I'm sure Martinez will make two quality signings with the money.

He won't go there, everyone knows Arsenal aren't going to win anything so think he will stay here for at least one more year.

Yep, and the money from the sale doing a disappearance act by the time January comes about.

is this really likely even though we don't have any real history of getting in huge sums of money and not spending it, certainly no more than any other club. although to be honest it would make a lot more sense to get your replacements in before you replace so maybe if we sell someone on the last day that is what has gone on. sorry about the positive spin but I am one of those crazy people who enjoy watching players like Fellaini in a blue shirt and gain little pleasure from adding up players we could get but prob won't with the money

A couple of points:

1. Maybe, just maybe Fellaini might want to stay given the change in manager and the fact Martinez will want Fellaini playing where he's best, that's to say centre mid, which is where he prefers it

2. All this he hasn't said he wants to leave nonsense is Fellaini and his agent with eyes on his loyalty bonus, if he forced a move, he loses that which can be millions. He spent all last season talking up a move of course but till he does it officially he still keeps his bonus

It's been interesting to read your opinions about my contract scenario and all it amounts to is that we just don't really know
anything for certain.
I'd question your claim that we had no choice, though Mountgoat. Fellaini and his connections must have agreed that any figure in a release clause wasn't so high as to frighten other clubs away, but they could hardly have quibbled about a different amount 2 or3 years later.
If it goes beyond 3 years they could let the contract run down, of course, and go on a Bosman. I think he's got 2 years left.
I hope he stays but if he doesn't, I won't be happy with 22 million, especially as over a million of it will go to Standard Liege.
If he does go, at least Bill will have our sell on conditions in place. Won't he?

probably the top four/five have internationals with god knows how many clauses in their contract. I don't think anyone would refer to them as 'a release clause'. seems to be a phrase used to make it sound like he can just walk out the second a bid comes in, which is clearly not something that will be built into a contract or why have a contract. don't understand most of this. we all complain how small minded the club is but the press wave a nominal amount at the most dominating midfielder we have had since the 80s and we jump on the bandwagon

Mate i agree with a lot of what you say, but honestly i cannot for the life of me remember all these games he has dominated the midfield in. For what my opinion is worth i think Parkinson was a more influential and dominant player in the center for us than felli ever has been, sadly only for just over two years until injury struck

Mate i agree with a lot of what you say, but honestly i cannot for the life of me remember all these games he has dominated the midfield in. For what my opinion is worth i think Parkinson was a more influential and dominant player in the center for us than felli ever has been, sadly only for just over two years until injury struck

I'd put that down to, in part at least, the fact he rarely got a run in CM. Even in games he could be used in 2 or three positions over the course of it. The one time he did get a consistent run was when we picked up midway through the season before last. We beat City, Chelsea, Fulham in the cup and a few other and he was immense in every single game.

He has shown that he is excellent in the tackle and can muscle opponents off the ball in that role. He's been consistently dominant in that imo. His failure to track runners from the midfield is what I see as his weak point, and to be fair it's a pretty big one.

Status
Not open for further replies.