Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone keep saying that Fellaini is available for 22, 23, 24 as if it's a fact?

As above. It's been all over the press and Bill was practically begging for somebody to come and sign him off us in Martinez's press conference, the embarrassing cretin.

As above. It's been all over the press and Bill was practically begging for somebody to come and sign him off us in Martinez's press conference, the embarrassing cretin.

Didn't Felli himself come out and say there was no release clause?

I'd love him to stay, but realistically £25m for him, I'd take it.

As Davek has already said the club or Martinez could hardly say they expected Fellaini to leave. If the move didn't happen they would look stupid.
This way they can say the release clause was triggered and they were powerless to keep him.
I wouldn't be surprised if Martinez would be happy to see Fellaini go, simply because it would give him a reasonable budget and allow him to put his own stamp on the team rather than working with the squad left by David Moyes alone.

Let him join Arsenal, he wont win anything there. Too many pussies at Arsenal. I'm sure Martinez will make two quality signings with the money.

Something to think about, just because he has an escape clause to play for a Champions League team doesn't necessarily mean there is a set fee involved.

yeah this seems to fit with everything being said from the player and club, he has permission to talk to clubs on a certain level, no fee set. so in effect we have to officially notify him if particular teams come in and if they do, he can if he wants ask to go, then we decide what happens next. its probably not much different from what happens with most players

As Davek has already said the club or Martinez could hardly say they expected Fellaini to leave. If the move didn't happen they would look stupid.
This way they can say the release clause was triggered and they were powerless to keep him.
I wouldn't be surprised if Martinez would be happy to see Fellaini go, simply because it would give him a reasonable budget and allow him to put his own stamp on the team rather than working with the squad left by David Moyes alone.

Martinez policy has been to buy cheap and sell when he thinks he is getting maximum value, and he doesn't seem obsessed as some fans are with how much money we get in or spend but what we end up with on the pitch. the player and club are clearly in a no win situation if... 'he doesn't want to go', 'I am happy at the club', 'we don't want to sell him'... isn't enough. basically some people would just stay in bed all day in case you catch cold

Let him join Arsenal, he wont win anything there. Too many pussies at Arsenal. I'm sure Martinez will make two quality signings with the money.

even the made up sources that started the Arsenal rumour have admitted there was no bid

even the made up sources that started the Arsenal rumour have admitted there was no bid

Yeah, if there was a 22 million clause, it would have been activated by now unless he not no admirers who will bid that much, I wasn't impress with him in the second half of the season for us, he was way below his best for some reason. The club don't need to panic about Fellaini.

If you were drawing up a 4 year contract for a 23 year old who'd cost 15 million a few years ago and, say, 22 million
occurred to you as his market value over the next 12 months or so, would you lock that figure into a release clause? Wouldn't you think that the value of a highly regarded 23 year old would rise substantially over the course of the term of that contract and allow for it? Four years is a long time to commit to a sale price and making allowance for that contingency seems basic, to me.

which is why I think an agent will just be pushing for assurances over wages, so a team guaranteed to play the kind of wages, with the long term guarantee of champions league can talk to him if things go sour at Everton. no fixed fee. he could end up anywhere. realistically he is in the same situation as any player proving himself world class would be, apart from the fact that the press don't think him and Baines belong at 'plucky Everton' and will do their best to invent situations that cause unrest

I don't think there is a min fee release clause. Said that all along, no doubt there is a escape clause for CL clubs but would then be dependent on clubs agreeing a fee.

Fellaini himself said there is No release fee clause, the club have never said there is, once one paper spouts some **** they all follow suit. Even his motormouth dad has not said there is!!

Also think fellaini is smart enough to not value going somewhere and being a bit part player, which here would IMO rule out city and Chelsea with the additions there likely to make. Arsenal and utd seem logical moves.

I don't think there is a min fee release clause. Said that all along, no doubt there is a escape clause for CL clubs but would then be dependent on clubs agreeing a fee.

Fellaini himself said there is No release fee clause, the club have never said there is, once one paper spouts some **** they all follow suit. Even his motormouth dad has not said there is!!

Also think fellaini is smart enough to not value going somewhere and being a bit part player, which here would IMO rule out city and Chelsea with the additions there likely to make. Arsenal and utd seem logical moves.

Yeah, if there was a 22 million clause, it would have been activated by now unless he not no admirers who will bid that much, I wasn't impress with him in the second half of the season for us, he was way below his best for some reason. The club don't need to panic about Fellaini.

Don't get me wrong Felli is a good important player for us - yet we won games when he was suspended - he has everything in his locker as a player except pace - a very skillfull player wasted sometimes by dM as a back to goal striker sometimes though!

Status
Not open for further replies.