fellaini the new cahill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pienaar should be our CAM in my opinion. As good as he is on the left i think given a run of games behind jelavic or denis we would see our play in general improve massively.

Gotta be Leon Osman in that role. Just cos Felli can do that role doesn't mean he should. Felli could probably do a job better than most in any position.

Straq and Cahill is a good combination tho. Straq is prepared to do the hard work in the channels and make space for Tim in the middle. But IMO that duo will only get us so far. If we want to actually win a trophy rather than just do well over a season, then we got to have a creator in the number 10 position.

bumping my own thread to see if views have changed.

So this season Fellaini has mainly played attacking midfield in the false 9 or whatever you want to call it.

Against Villa he moved back and we conceded.

I didn't see the second half today so I don't know how he played, but in the first half he looked awful. Recently from reading opinions on here, they seem pretty split with many saying that he should move back to playing holding mid. After today's performance do you stand by that?

He wasn't up for it today. He can still play both though imo, despite that. He's bossed teams from AM and from CM but I feel Moyes prefers him in the more advanced role. When it works, he seems to dominate but when against more physical and aerial sides, he/we could struggle.

bumping my own thread to see if views have changed.

So this season Fellaini has mainly played attacking midfield in the false 9 or whatever you want to call it.

Against Villa he moved back and we conceded.

I didn't see the second half today so I don't know how he played, but in the first half he looked awful. Recently from reading opinions on here, they seem pretty split with many saying that he should move back to playing holding mid. After today's performance do you stand by that?

I wish people would stop using that point. Moving into another position mid-game is not comparable to starting in a position.

How about all the games in the previous seasons where he's played in central midfield and been the best player on the park? Let's just ignore them because only this season counts?

Once Gibson is back, Fellaini will look a beats in the middle again. He has great ability, so he will look good anywere.

He is better for MOTD if he is playing further forward, and thats what most these 'experts' see.

If he plays alongside Gibson in the deep lying role we will see a completely different player to what we seen sitting next to Junior. I can promise you that.

Hope this aint true, we are totally useless without Fellaini.

Not totally useless

I do find it funny though that we are posting this in the thread ' Fellaini the NEW Cahill '.... hahahaha

Don't get me wrong i loved Tim for all the important goals he scored but i can never quite remember thinking we were totally useless without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.