• Wolfsburg

Votes: 16 4.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 29 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This knock it about the back four stuff for long periods, has me bricking it at times.

But it's a good idea to learn this approach if there is a way out with the ball to midfield. Last night, I felt on numerous occasions it forced us back too far, only to play a hoof/hopeful pass up field.

That said, this approach was part of a glorious 4-1 result. Now I'm undecided if that was riding our luck or superb game plan!

Agree, gets me too. Often we have the time to put one in the box, but the "safer" option is to keep the ball, inevitably it goes backwards, they push up higher and squeeze. Only leads to playing a loose ball at some point in the game or goes back to howard. We did play a few decent triangles last night and kept the ball, as long as we keep that 'intensity' (fave word of Martinez)

This knock it about the back four stuff for long periods, has me bricking it at times.

But it's a good idea to learn this approach if there is a way out with the ball to midfield. Last night, I felt on numerous occasions it forced us back too far, only to play a hoof/hopeful pass up field.

That said, this approach was part of a glorious 4-1 result. Now I'm undecided if that was riding our luck or superb game plan!

Draws teams in though with pressing, considering our players are very good at passing the ball it works very well in opening up gaps up the pitch for attacking players to work in.

we pass it sideways a bit too much for my liking. still getting use to the system though, when we're more confident, i expect us to go from back to front a lot quicker and slicker

Makes good reading

5D8FA637-3A05-40E5-A9BE-5283235C0329_zpsnhk0y82j.jpg

Are Krasnodar above Lille here because it's done on head to head recored? i.e. 1-1 with an away goal for Kras?

That means we'd have to lose 3-0 in Germany for them to come above us if we're equal on points. Happy days!

Draws teams in though with pressing, considering our players are very good at passing the ball it works very well in opening up gaps up the pitch for attacking players to work in.
nailed it. You can see the midfield space opening up with a final pass out of 'the press'. But it sometimes causes a bit of a balls up too. One thing for sure though, Everton plays a brand of football which you want to watch...

nailed it. You can see the midfield space opening up with a final pass out of 'the press'. But it sometimes causes a bit of a balls up too. One thing for sure though, Everton plays a brand of football which you want to watch...

I think O'Keefe nailed it in his post match report in the Echo today. He mentions it's a specific style of passing it around the back and in simple triangles so the opposition get lulled into a false sense of security and then we quicken up a particular passage of play which opens up opportunities for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.