Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
Bill built and runs one of the largest theatre companies in the UK.

You don't do that without having a ruthless streak in you somewhere
Moshiri doesn't happen to become a billionaire without being ruthless in business. I hope he takes this mindset into owning a football club.

He was proper ruthless when he cried and got his mum on the phone to tell Fergie off for signing Rooney.

Exactly. Bloke is an absolute mouse who is overly-sentimental, that was shown again when he spoke to those fans outside Wembley about Martinez ("but he's such a lovely man").

I read an interview with him a few years ago where he said the Chairman of another club told him he once was so disgusted with the team's performance for one game he went into the dressing room and tore the players and manager a new arse. Kenwright said "I couldn't ever do that, I'd be far too embarrassed."

Not "I don't feel it would be my place to do that" or "I trust the players to know themselves it wasn't good enough," he just wouldn't ever chastise anyone because he doesn't have the backbone for a confrontation.

Many years ago, didn't Bill have a massive falling out with his son, to the point of it being unreconciled.

It was his nephew Adam (his Brothers son). He went into the Theatre business obviously with the surname Kenwright. Bill thought that this would tarnish his name within the business and actually cut-off all contact with him for years. Apparently his Brother is now very ill with cancer and that brought about a reconciliation with his nephew.

It was his nephew Adam (his Brothers son). He went into the Theatre business obviously with the surname Kenwright. Bill thought that this would tarnish his name within the business and actually cut-off all contact with him for years. Apparently his Brother is now very ill with cancer and that brought about a reconciliation with his nephew.

Thanks for the clarification.

I'd be happy with any of the top 4 that I am aware we are/have spoken too. Obviously happier with some than others :)

frank-de-boer-image-3-983189328.jpg

I know someone who has worked with Kenwright before (in theatre) and apparently he's absolutely ruthless when he wants to be. When I asked about him I was surprised (rather naively) to hear that behind closed doors he's a lot different to the Bill we see on TV.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Bill's.

Not.

In.

Charge.

Anymore.

I'd be happy with any of the top 4 that I am aware we are/have spoken too. Obviously happier with some than others :)

Can you say anything about the nature of these talks, @The Esk, regarding what kind of approach we made, whether directly to the individuals, their representatives or their employers, and what, if not a job offer, we were proposing initially?

Understood if there's a limit on what you can relate here. Just curious as to what we're looking for and how we're selling ourselves as an idea to a prospective manager.

Can you say anything about the nature of these talks, @The Esk, regarding what kind of approach we made, whether directly to the individuals, their representatives or their employers, and what, if not a job offer, we were proposing initially?

Understood if there's a limit on what you can relate here. Just curious as to what we're looking for and how we're selling ourselves as an idea to a prospective manager.

Good question - where we've had to we have approached club first. Otherwise through normal channels/intermediaries. Offer is to build something which has enormous potential, good foundation, but requires much more - more than adequate funding available.

Apply within