Everton Youth Teams Thread

Dont think he is with us anymore but i stand to be corrected?
O loughlin,pierce,gray,hunt,stanek,hewelt and griffiths are the young goalies presently there at the minute.
I guess with his age now , 15 ?, he wouldn't be a scholar so not easy to tell unless someone sees the u16.
Your last five are currently U21 GKs, first two U18s to which you can add Aaron Jones , Wales U17, Matthew Johnson and our recently capture from Man City 16 year old Joe Hilton.
So by my reckoning 10 GKs between 20 -16, so we're unlikely to be too worried about a 7 year old making it. Likelihood is of course that either Joel proves himself a PL GK , or we go out and spend £10-15 mill on a decent GK in the summer, thus keeping all the youngsters out for the next 10 years. The puzzle of how you develop young GKs is a difficult one, our solution seems to be get as many in as possible , one may make it through.

I guess with his age now , 15 ?, he wouldn't be a scholar so not easy to tell unless someone sees the u16.
Your last five are currently U21 GKs, first two U18s to which you can add Aaron Jones , Wales U17, Matthew Johnson and our recently capture from Man City 16 year old Joe Hilton.
So by my reckoning 10 GKs between 20 -16, so we're unlikely to be too worried about a 7 year old making it. Likelihood is of course that either Joel proves himself a PL GK , or we go out and spend £10-15 mill on a decent GK in the summer, thus keeping all the youngsters out for the next 10 years. The puzzle of how you develop young GKs is a difficult one, our solution seems to be get as many in as possible , one may make it through.[/QUOTe

ah right thought he might have been a small bit older.ya it is a crazy amount of goalkeepers there isn't there.must be one of the hardest positions in football to make it.you can always throw on an outfield player at some stage in a match to see how he goes even if it was only for a few minutes but goalies don't get that luxury and like has been said on this thread before even to go out on loan is near impossible because teams really cannot afford to take a chance with a young goalie.
even from just a mental point of view it must be hard knowing games are going to be rare and to actually make it even rarer.absolutely amazing we have never really brought a goalie through.

ah right thought he might have been a small bit older.ya it is a crazy amount of goalkeepers there isn't there.must be one of the hardest positions in football to make it.you can always throw on an outfield player at some stage in a match to see how he goes even if it was only for a few minutes but goalies don't get that luxury and like has been said on this thread before even to go out on loan is near impossible because teams really cannot afford to take a chance with a young goalie.
even from just a mental point of view it must be hard knowing games are going to be rare and to actually make it even rarer.absolutely amazing we have never really brought a goalie through.

I was vaguely listening to Radio Five Live's "Fighting Talk" this morning when I was startled by a mention of a young Everton player , completely out of the blue it went something like .., female voice, . " I want to mention a young Everton u13 player Emmanuel Achebe was has scored 55 goals in 19 games , scored 5 last week so its 60 in 20 games , to keep his team in the league 2 title race ". name may be wrong , but close. I hesitated a bit to mention it as I'm sure if he has real talent the club will be tempering expectations or he just may be a 6ft 14 stone 13 year old physically dominating his peers. But my curiosity was piqued , anybody heard of him , I know there are few who keep an eye on these younger teams. ?

I was vaguely listening to Radio Five Live's "Fighting Talk" this morning when I was startled by a mention of a young Everton player , completely out of the blue it went something like .., female voice, . " I want to mention a young Everton u13 player Emmanuel Achebe was has scored 55 goals in 19 games , scored 5 last week so its 60 in 20 games , to keep his team in the league 2 title race ". name may be wrong , but close. I hesitated a bit to mention it as I'm sure if he has real talent the club will be tempering expectations or he just may be a 6ft 14 stone 13 year old physically dominating his peers. But my curiosity was piqued , anybody heard of him , I know there are few who keep an eye on these younger teams. ?

You fell down the time tunnel.

It was the Cheebs!!!

CbpyCQBW0AQxQqN.jpg

Everton u18s end 2nd in the league,after a 3-1 win v derby,Broadhead with a hattrick,9-0 would have won the league,the u18s move on to the next stage of this comp now

Elite stage. Man City, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Reading, Fulham, West Ham, Blackburn/Sunderland.

Is that 14 goals for the young lad so far this season.impressive from a midfielder.

A very interesting player really. He has scored loads of goals and been a standout performer this season as an under 18.

Whats interesting is he is the same age group as Walsh (out on loan) and Dowell who play the same sort of position. Last season he didn't really get much of a look in.

Much like Donahue it will be really interesting to see if they can make an impact next season in the under 21's/out on loan. They have been very impressive for the under 18's but there is a limit to using this as a barometer.

" 17 Fraser Hornby". First time , I think , he's appeared in our squad. He's the young midfielder we got from Northampton back in the summer of 2014 , paid about £60 k with potential to rise above £1 mill if he plays about 100 PL games for us. It generated some headlines at the time. He was down as 15 years old then , so must be 16 now but I guess he didn't meet the 16 on 1st September criteria for 2015 as he's not a Scholar. Presumably a 2016 Scholar.

Much like Donahue it will be really interesting to see if they can make an impact next season in the under 21's/out on loan. They have been very impressive for the under 18's but there is a limit to using this as a barometer.
Yeah, it could be crunch time this summer for some of the 2014 Scholars who will be too old to play U18 next season. A few of that year have established themselves as u 21 players, Dowell, Davies, Connolly, Walsh. Others have shown for the u18s and at International level that they are worthy of being given a go at u21s, Yates, Holland, Broadhead, Brewster, Donohue but there are some there like Myers and Mellen who have played a number of games but dont seem to have made a big impact. Tough times being a youngster trying to get a professional contract and you feel for them given their age. Do you rtain them to see how they fare at u21 level, when from recent results we have a strong team even without 6 or 7 of our strongest players out on loan.Harsh reality is that we will likely have 14 or 15 new 16 year old Scholars come July so some of the older players will have to pop out the system too , not just todays 2 nd year Scholars but older u 21 players too.