Everton Youth Teams Thread

If the club survives and finds some new owners then there is a huge opportunity to rebuild the youth team with some decent recruitment and to use the ESC slots bringing in the best from around the world.

….i was under the impression Thelwell had already introduced a number of new personnel to manage the Academy.

Bad weather conditions and 10 men kept that respectable. Ok were against a U18 super team but that was just a completely abject performance. Baines has credit in the bank because he was such a good player but his coaching looks abysmal
This isn’t a super Chelsea side. I think there’s a good chance Palace will beat them in the next round but I’ve also said all along how poor our 18s are.

Our coaches are good as well. Kieron O’Driscoll, Baines’s assistant is excellent. It’s the recruitment that’s the issue.

Hopefully that can be resolved soon. I know we’ve been taking steps to address it.

It’s a bit like the first team but there’s so many good players out there that can be recruited for under a million at u16 level from cat 2 clubs, we just can’t afford them.

This isn’t a super Chelsea side. I think there’s a good chance Palace will beat them in the next round but I’ve also said all along how poor our 18s are.

Our coaches are good as well. Kieron O’Driscoll, Baines’s assistant is excellent. It’s the recruitment that’s the issue.

Hopefully that can be resolved soon. I know we’ve been taking steps to address it.

It’s a bit like the first team but there’s so many good players out there that can be recruited for under a million at u16 level from cat 2 clubs, we just can’t afford them.
We didn't really lay a hand on Chelsea a lack of urgency and desire to get into there faces ,the recruitment at all levels of the football club is shocking and unfortunately when we do bring a promising player through city or Chelsea entice then away

We didn't really lay a hand on Chelsea a lack of urgency and desire to get into there faces ,the recruitment at all levels of the football club is shocking and unfortunately when we do bring a promising player through city or Chelsea entice then away
Never saw today’s game saw the Stockport game in the last round, 4-1 won but nothing to get excited about with the team’s performance or the way they were set up. loved Leighton as a player but it doesn’t mean he has any genuine coaching ability. He has been here two seasons and being sinical

Never saw today’s game saw the Stockport game in the last round, 4-1 won but nothing to get excited about with the team’s performance or the way they were set up. loved Leighton as a player but it doesn’t mean he has any genuine coaching ability. He has been here two seasons and being sceptical he hasn’t proved anything other than he was picked as one of the boys by our late departed chairman.

He has, spotting players is one thing (we’re ok at that), persuading them to sign (ahem) is another.

I’ve heard rumours of Martin Waldron coming back in some capacity. That would be the best think we could possibly do.

….i think that’s more an issue when professional contracts are up for grabs. A lot of Academy youngsters have been at the club for many years. it looks a poor crop but we haven’t had a decent run in this trophy for many years, probably poor recruitment more than poor coaching. Need to get the best kids onboard early.

In comparison to our side they're definitely a super side. They had about 8 youth internationals start in that side to our 2 (welsh) ones. They have the ability to add the likes of Jimmy Jay Morgan and ISS just for the sake of it for more money than we spend in whole transfer windows.

Waldron coming back would be a welcome surprise given his son has just moved on and he looks to be pretty comfortable hoovering up the youth players as an agent.

The lads have no incentive, they will not get a chance under Dyche. RS have started another of their young lads today Brennan who is revelling in it. Needs to give them a chance!!!

In comparison to our side they're definitely a super side.
We’re not the bench mark. As I have said for sometime, we’re a poor side but there’s quite a few poor cat 1 teams around now. Liverpool are a poor side despite there freak result yesterday.

I can see cat 2 teams doing very well in this competition this year myself.

International call ups mean little over recent years. If you play for Chelsea, you’re getting a chance with England the moment you sign for them no matter how good you are but FWIW I think Palace will beat Chelsea in the next round.

This an average Chelsea side compared to what they’ve had in recent years.

City are bench mark. If they play a full team they win it.

The lads have no incentive, they will not get a chance under Dyche. RS have started another of their young lads today Brennan who is revelling in it. Needs to give them a chance!!!
So in a thread where people are saying the youth team are pants, that’s your take away?

Suppose Dobbin doesn’t count

We’re not the bench mark. As I have said for sometime, we’re a poor side but there’s quite a few poor cat 1 teams around now. Liverpool are a poor side despite there freak result yesterday.

I can see cat 2 teams doing very well in this competition this year myself.

International call ups mean little over recent years. If you play for Chelsea, you’re getting a chance with England the moment you sign for them no matter how good you are but FWIW I think Palace will beat Chelsea in the next round.

This an average Chelsea side compared to what they’ve had in recent years.

City are bench mark. If they play a full team they win it.
Hard to judge Chelsea today with the sending off didn't look as big or athletic as an age group as I have seen before
As with any cup competitions there are shocks Swindon beat an unbeaten man utd the other night

….i think that’s more an issue when professional contracts are up for grabs. A lot of Academy youngsters have been at the club for many years. it looks a poor crop but we haven’t had a decent run in this trophy for many years, probably poor recruitment more than poor coaching. Need to get the best kids onboard early.
It could be a bit of both Eggs, Paul Tait had the U18’s and moved up to the U21’s he didn’t impress at U18’s but was promoted to the U21’s being described as the best who were interviewed for the the position, don’t know who the others were who were interviewed but theU21’s don’t look very inspiring under his coaching and who is ready to come and play in the premier league apart from Dobbin, who else has become a regular in the first team in the last few years apart from Branthwaite, who cost nearly £1M when bought from Carlisle.