Everton Youth Teams Thread

Has Greens progress stalled if he was a substitute?

Also if stones isnt in the u21 squad but on standby for the full squad then if he doesnt make the world cup does he drop to the u21s and replace someone or is it finalized so hed be on a beach somewhere rather than playing?

Also if stones isnt in the u21 squad but on standby for the full squad then if he doesnt make the world cup does he drop to the u21s and replace someone or is it finalized so hed be on a beach somewhere rather than playing?
I'm pretty score he's training with the England squad even though he was a standby, so he'll be with them until they actually leave to Brazil I would presume, which won't be for a couple of weeks.

I'm pretty score he's training with the England squad even though he was a standby, so he'll be with them until they actually leave to Brazil I would presume, which won't be for a couple of weeks.

Sure but If he doesnt go to the world cup does he then go to the u21 tourney?

Green and Donohue changed the game when they came on on Sunday, but I think that was part of the game plan. Spurs probably had the better of the 1st half, but we definitely looked the better team in 2nd half. Spurs right winger (no. 7) was really good, and he caused us problems in the 1st half, but Green came on left wing and they ended up taking him off in the 2nd half. Then we brought Donohue on right wing and we really started to stretch them. And Donohue obviously scored the winner.

Green looks like he has bags of ability, and he has that energy about him that puts you on the edge of your seat, like anything could happen when he has the ball. But sometimes he tries to do too much and he lost the ball a few times by keeping hold too long. Definitely a wild card type player.

Duffus looked good up top though, big and strong, quick and very powerful. He was double .arked for most of the game (and dragged) but still managed to hold the ball up well.

Williams, Charsley and Davies all impressed me as well. All good on the ball and kept possession well, moved the ball about quickly and plenty of energy, the all covered a lot of ground.

It was interesting to see them play, very much in the Martinez style really, keeping the ball moving and trying to play out from the back.

Looking forward to Saturday.

:)

Mason Springthorpe's apparently out of contract now. Saw him a few times for the U21s, didn't seem altogether awful. Can understand him feeling pushed out when we signed Stanek though.

Any clearer idea why he's off?