Match Thread Everton v West Ham United (Sunday 16th Sept 4.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our strikers are an embarrassment. Digne should have had 3 assists. Holgate is not good enough in any facet of his game to be a starter.

Having said that Digne is a player and I think Bernard will come good as well.

So are our defenders and come to think of it our 2 *defensive* midfielders who cant defend and provide no cover at all.

As much as i don't really like these tactics we are using, im really starting to get fed up with some of the players. 4 managers now have had the same issues with the same players, i know we defo need a new midfield and a new forward for starters.

Its the same tactics, and in the midfields case its the same tactics with the same players.

Lads we really need to pray that Gomes and Mina are the dogs bollocks. If they ain't we're gonna have a lot of the same problems that we had last season.

I was happy with Bernard's performance in the second half, we are desperate for Richarlison to come back firing though, he looks our best finisher already.

You can't win matches if you miss the calibre of chances that Cenk and Niasse did today and expect to win. Also the less said about the defending, the better.

defence poor , midfield poor , attackers poor , subs poor.

really really really bad in every way.

pickford gana and tosun had there worst games in a blue shirt , niasse is also a clown , we clearly need 10 times better than him coming off the bench.
we also need gomes to be a decent player, otherwise we are in for a very long season with that midfield. bossed by nobel and rice , disgusting !

If four different managers can’t get a tune out of them, then they need selling, not coaching.

A very valid point, but I think some have shown enough - albeit what seems like an age ago - to suggest there’s still a player in there.

Gana is the best example that comes to mind of someone that looks appalling now, but was class just over a year ago. It may be his Villa season and first one for us was a fluke, but I wouldn’t write him off yet.

Holgate looked every bit a Barnsley centre half out there today.

DCL very much the Sheffield United winger or whatever he's supposed to be.

Poor performance on the back of another poor display against Huddersfield. However Coleman, Mina, Gomes and Richarlison were all missing. That’s a third of our team. Bernard looked bright, if the others have similar quality (Mina and Gomes) then results and performances will improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.