Match Thread Everton v West Ham United (Sunday 16th Sept 4.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to earn your money Silva, team needs work especially defensive organization.

..good point, I think we looked poor from an organisation perspective. Once Schneiderlin went off and we’d gone 2-0 down he virtually gave up the defensive midfield shield. We got that goal at a brilliant time and were right back in it but he left that void in front of the back four. Perhaps he should’ve been more patient.

The 2nd goal was a throw back to Martinez, losing possession and your full back is your furthest player forward.

Gueye epitomised the lack of professionalism with needless free kicks and casually giving the ball away. A few real chances to get back in the game illustrated a real lack of quality up front.

I can take players being off form but cant take them being unable to pass properly/to a team mate or take free kicks/shoot/head without any conviction. If they cant do it, they shouldnt even be on the pitch. Surely the manager and FF staff ( or should that be FFs) can see this. Im cheesed off saying this with regularity now.

Said last year Silva wouldn't have lasted the season had he got the job in October.... No manager would have survived with the squad we had (bar someone like Sam playing awful ugly football)....

Some of the problems were addressed... We're yet to get Mina into the team to hopefully improve our back line, Digne played well today....

But the biggest problem wasn't addressed for the 2nd summer running.... Replacing Lukaku...maybe the plan is to put Richarlison upfront with Bernard and Walcott on the wings... But Tosun and Niasse are not of a quality good enough for us, simple as....

We will struggle again this season without a striker...

This was always gonna take 3 or 4 transfers windows to fix the mess of last season

Lads we really need to pray that Gomes and Mina are the dogs bollocks. If they ain't we're gonna have a lot of the same problems that we had last season.

I was happy with Bernard's performance in the second half, we are desperate for Richarlison to come back firing though, he looks our best finisher already.

You can't win matches if you miss the calibre of chances that Cenk and Niasse did today and expect to win. Also the less said about the defending, the better.

Put Mina in that side with those tactics and he had better be fantastic because he would be exposed all the time - Zouma and Holgate were bad today but they had no cover and only rarely were Kenny and Digne even in a position to help them out. Better teams than West Ham would have given us an absolute shoeing.

Gomes on the other hand is the key and has to be given time because we have noone in midfield that deserves to keep their place at the moment, however we are set up.

Personally I'd have three at the back (Zouma / Mina / Holgate), the two full backs (Digne and Coleman), Schneiderlin and Gomes in the middle and a front three of Richarlison, Tosun and Walcott.

The positive I can take from that game is Silva will now know for certain who is not good enough at this level the negative is who else have we got if we have other injuries. The only players that can come out of that game with a little credit is Walcott (though he faded badly), Digne (but awol for 1st goal) and Bernard. Gana has good spells then really bad spells. When DCL gets the ball I don't even get excited because I usually know he will mess it up. Tosun has lost it totally, Niasse not good enough. Kenny and Holgate had mares because once the going got tough they were found wanting. Still think we are only a few crucial players away from being a decent team though but saying that the squad is still weak

We just aren't good enough to play this style.

We need a striker to finish the chances we create, a proper CDM to provide cover in the acres of midfield space we leave open and a proper #1 CB. Zouma is fine as a #2 at this point. Mina is most likely not a proper #1 defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.