Everton v Southampton. 29th Dec @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. He's better than people give him credit for. He won lots of headers today which helped up when we were on the back foot and needed to clear the ball.

Good 3 points that against a good team. Well done Martinez for the slightly bold team selection.

Won a very important header there to get the ball to Lukaku right at the end.

Clutching the three points to my bosom right now. That was a good squad Everton took out today.

I bet Southampton go deep in the cup this year.

On to Stoke. Many good things in this match. Great to see Lukaku back on form.

Let's be honest we rode our luck

we didnt tho! they had lots of possession, but it was hardly off the post/bar, goaline clearances etc was it?! in fact their goal was lucky as gk messed it up and we had 2/3 chances to make it more, we had the better chances overall

Clutching the three points to my bosom right now. That was a good squad Everton took out today.

I bet Southampton go deep in the cup this year.

On to Stoke. Many good things in this match. Great to see Lukaku back on form.

Best team this season at Goodison, but we managed to get the win without the spine of the team. We created our own problems though. Baines, Distin and McCarthy were all off their game, but Naismith played well

Get in there!

At full strength we'd have battered those ****s.

Let's face it, we had no leader on the pitch with Jagielka and Barry off. Even Howard offers something in that respect.

Massive result that. Need to get at Stoke and then get our wounded back.

The Catalan magician does it again.

Great win that, our team was changed quite a bit and we did a lot of stupid stuff to make it difficult for ourselves but Southampton were impressive and deserved a point - thankfully they never got it.

We were missing our first-choice keeper, captain, key defensive midfielder, exceptionally talented winger, and Pienaar and Mirallas - 2 of our better players - on the bench.

And we won. That was an absolutely massive win against a good side. Even game, I don't think we could have had many complaints if Southampton had edged it. In the end a fine finish from Lukaku - and boy did he need a goal - did it.

Said beforehand this was one of our biggest tests this season. Yes, there are far better sides than Southampton but they're a good side, coming off a 3-0 win and we'd just been beaten for the 2nd time, and for the first time, surprisingly.

Plenty of room for improvement but given how many players we had out, overall, can't have too many complaints. Thought the result was far more important than the performance today.

GET IN

Status
Not open for further replies.