Match Thread Everton v Southampton 1/3/21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That commentator really didn't like us. Saying in the first half about Richarlison screaming before the co-commentator put him back in his box telling him that happened at every game. He was snidey towards us throughout. I know we aren't any always easy on the eye, but he was unnecessarily rude I thought, and I usually don't notice or care.
He was booted on the ankle too, all pretty quiet when Salah falls under the strong wind. KAGS

Sometimes an ugly win is the biggest win.

Hopefully that’s the monkey off our back in regards to home wins and we can kick on. West Brom on Thursday for what can only be the next version of “our biggest game of the season”.
Each win edges us closer to Europe in whats ah unbelievably tight group.

Crap game but the 3 points are what matters most at the moment. If there's something pleasing to take out of the game it's that 3 of our best players on the night have been going through bad times of late, and are showing signs of getting their form back. Richarlison, Gomes and Pickford. I've actually gone for Dom for MOM. Thought he gave a bruising performance and never stopped harassing their back 4, despite not getting any decent service.

Can't see you being too happy with Ancelotti in the long run to be honest mate.

I wouldnt say its solely down to tactics I just dont believe that half our players have self belief going forward particularly the midfield its too safe sideways and back passing.

Look at the performances going forward at the start of the season the whole team played with confidence and it was that arrogance of "we're better than you and we're gonna show it" and thats how teams eventually become successful and win trophies.

Rome wasnt built in a day but I feel we need to get the blend right between defending and attacking.

Too many games on a knife edge for me when we should be looking at teams like injury hit Southampton in free fall coming to our ground - "your managers getting sacked after this one!" Should be the mentality of the team not giving them confidence to grow into the game.

He comes as a condescending prick in that
Shows himself up as an absolute beaut comparing us negatively with the RS who struggle to buy a win atm, have a more congested fixture list and half their ‘better 11’ crocked

but we draw our game in hand and we’re above them

absolutely jaw dropping comments

Status
Not open for further replies.