Match Thread Everton v Nottingham Forest - Pre-Match Chat, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Godfrey at least has pace, that’s at least a chance of him nullifying what’s against him.

Young offers nothing. I’ll give him half an hour before he’s booked and we are walking a 10 man tightrope.

I’ve read this book before and it’s not a very good read. Certainly not as good as Bravo Two Zero by Andy Mcnab, which actually improves with every read 😉

Not saying Young is good. We will have big problems there this game.

Just not going to massively fume over not playing Ben Godfrey at full back after seeing him have nightmares there this season.

It's not ideal, but Patterson and Coleman are injured.

Godfrey didn't do it at full back either did he?

Maybe Garner as at least he can cross a ball.

All in all, the fume is way OTT given the alternatives IMO.
Dropped Onana and Garner for their poor display v Chelsea whilst Doucoure continues to get picked whenever fit and stinking the gaff out for months.

No wonder these players and most fans have had enough of this cretin.

He dropped Harrison for Young because there was nobody else.

You can't drop McNeil as well for thin air.

See the problem?
tbf mate, thin air definitely contributes more

But today is the day that Mcneil has a worldie, I can just smell it, smell it in the air, smell it on the players, smell it in the toilet, it's the smell of a motm performance.

Dropped Onana and Garner for their poor display v Chelsea whilst Doucoure continues to get picked whenever fit and stinking the gaff out for months.

No wonder these players and most fans have had enough of this cretin.

Dropped Onana and Garner because he has Gana back, and Gomes is fit/looking alright.

We don't have a number 10 to replace/play the Doucoure role do we?

Doucoure has been awful for months.

Rooting for yous today Everton! Really hope you can get it done.

Not sure what else Dyche could've done with that selection today? Onana & Garner rightfully dropped over their shameful showing at Chelsea.

Yeah Young at right back is concerning but is Godfrey any better?

Please beat Forest 🙏

He dropped Harrison for Young because there was nobody else.

You can't drop McNeil as well for thin air.

See the problem?

He can try different formations. I like McNeil but he's been awful. Maybe Harrison could have gone LW where he played loads for Leeds, with Young RW. Or Garner there. This was happening before Danjuma and Dobbin got injured too, they were options.

Playing certain players who are poor each game then dropping others for the same reason doesnt look good.

Dropped Onana and Garner because he has Gana back, and Gomes is fit/looking alright.

We don't have a number 10 to replace/play the Doucoure role do we?

Doucoure has been awful for months.
Why do we need a 10? Why does he have to play that specific system?

We are conceding too many why don`t Dyche play a no.6 with 2 8s who play box to box and cover the half spaces wide allowing wingers to play further forward?

Why does he not let full backs beyond the winger like every other PL team.... I can tell you why, because Dyche is a dinosaur, nothing to do with calibre of player. he knows nothing else, football has moved on but he hasn`t....

It may work today, I`m not saying it will not but in the majority of cases, as we have seen, it doesn`t work.