Match Thread Everton v Manchester United : Sun 4 Dec : KO 1600

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
United have been playing well without getting the results.Everton have been playing terrible - also without results. If we play well for a change and United plays like us for a change we have an outside chance of beating them. My feeling : it won't happen. If Barkley starts at nr 10 nothing will change for us. We need to protect our goal difference with solid defense and try and catch them on the break. Going toe to toe with them is suicide - we simply don't have the players with the hart to do that.

...minutes silence announced ahead of the game for the victims of the Brazilian plane crash. There has to be a synergy with Munich for United and I'm sure it will be respected as our fans always do.

I know this won’t be what we see, but I’d like.

GK - Stek: Pulled off some decent saves against Southampton to be fair. Best we’ve got.

-------

CB - Holgate: There’s nothing I’ve seen of this lad that makes me think he wouldn’t be able to cope on Sunday.

CB - Funes : Bit concerned about Ibrahimovic’s in the air but would probably deal slightly better than Jags. Full backs need to do more to stop the cross and try to protect him, but then we all know that our full backs need to do more to stop crosses.

CB - Williams: Give him the armband

--------

LWB - Baines: I want the old Baines back for Christmas.

RBW – Coleman: Keeps his place but obviously needs to pick up.

-------

CM – Gana: NEVER TRY TO SHOOT AGAIN PLEASE MATE.

CM – Davies: Why not? We need the legs and that energy in the centre of the park, don’t we?

------

LF: Barkley: Need him to actually start running at people again. Moving out-wide to receive the ball (I know, I know Martinez tried that but he’s a bit older now and I don’t know else to do with him) and cutting inside a bit more. However, with that said, doing this makes me concerned about the balance on that left hand side. Any ideas?

RF: Bolasie: Bolasie needs to get up and around Lukaku as much as possible to give us a front two. We all know that Lukaku needs someone to make the space for him.

CF: Lukuku: Regardless of the above, he still needs to put his own finger out of his own arse.

Be great if we at least started a game of football well, tbh.

Depending on what I’ve got on tomorrow, we might trial a facebook live thing on the GOT Facebook page to chat about the line-up and get some thoughts. Keep an eye out if you want to call me a wool live.

That would be my system, with Barry - maybe, just maybe - in for Davies.

Just the natural pragmatist in me coming out there.

But yeh, similar system to what we used vs Spurs.

Utd are not (or likely won't anyway) gonna play with 3 at the back, so it won't be like when we went to Chelsea and tried to match them for systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.