Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Your Everton MOTM vs Leeds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is that I don’t think we were very good today, but because Leeds were so dismal we looked a bit better than it showed.

There were stages where we were at Walking pace and it felt like the “old”’unwanted Everton.

We created all of the opportunities, with for me Gana and Doucoure having amazingly strong performances.

Iwobi isn’t a winger, I’m still not convinced on McNeil, although I do really appreciate his hard work.

If what it takes for us to survive is hard, grotty 1-0’s at home then so be it.

My opinion is that I don’t think we were very good today, but because Leeds were so dismal we looked a bit better than it showed.

There were stages where we were at Walking pace and it felt like the “old”’unwanted Everton.

We created all of the opportunities, with for me Gana and Doucoure having amazingly strong performances.

Iwobi isn’t a winger, I’m still not convinced on McNeil, although I do really appreciate his hard work.

If what it takes for us to survive is hard, grotty 1-0’s at home then so be it.
We weren't amazing but that's two home matches where we've created chances and looked OK defensively. Rest of this season will be a grind but hopefully enough to see us safe.

We weren't amazing but that's two home matches where we've created chances and looked OK defensively. Rest of this season will be a grind but hopefully enough to see us safe.

We’ve got winnable home games, because the fans will be behind us.

I reckon 5 more wins and a couple of draws and we’ll get ourselves into a safe position.

I’ll bite your hand off for those 5 wins being gritty, ugly wins.

Doucoure, Gana and Onana as a 3 have been very good in the games today and v Arsenal. Didn’t impose themselves enough in the derby. Massively helps to protect the back 4.
Dyche has used Iwobi and McNeil to support our full backs to double up on opposition wingers. That’s why he’s not playing Gray at the moment. At least looks like there’s some organisation and plan now which was badly lacking under Lampard. Plenty to build on.

Both home games we could have been at least a couple of goals up on chances created ,never really looked in any danger of conceding today good shape about us but have to say Leeds lacked any cutting edge and a lack of energy going forward

Status
Not open for further replies.