Match Thread Everton v Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A good performance from every player today, but for me it was very, very close between Garner, Onana and Doucoure for MOTM. Jimmy G was composed, creative and happy to take the role of playmaker whilst the underrated Onana won so many balls in midfield and kept us on the front foot. However, Doucs just nicked it. He has an incredible engine on him and a knack of being a bit of a “Johnny on the spot”. He’s not the easiest on the eye but by Christ he gives everything.

Electric atmosphere. The fans got behind the players from start to finish. And for the first time in years we actually played the 'Everton way'. I would never have associated Dyche with this particular brand of football.

Was great to see a Dom getting a standing ovation as he left the pitch. That will give him a huge boost.
Very nice encouraging.

Was impressed with the fans and players alike.

Good performance, 3 wins from 4 (still annoyed about Luton mind, 3 points thrown away) and we can now head to the pit with a modicum of confidence that we won't crumble. Fingers crossed.
Just my opinion but I don't agree... Bournemouth were absolutely rubbish and we were marginally better...we will be lucky to lose with a modicum of respectability in a fortnight...

Got to be honest Doucoure although not good on the eye has important attributes. Brentford he makes a run that occupies defenders and Garner slots it through for DCL. Today Garner scores because DCL and Doucoure make the all important runs to have the defenders in two minds. We need more of it
We need more of it from actual strikers though. Doucoure disredarding their improved passing gets somehow involved in quality positions but then doesn't have the quality enough to make something of it (say 1/3 chances?). 1/3 is not bad when we have 20-25 shots, but if you are against top sides where you muster 5-10 shots, then Dyche needs to sort out his 4-4-2 statistics ASAP. We need two strikers when Doucore is out or benched.

A good performance from every player today, but for me it was very, very close between Garner, Onana and Doucoure for MOTM. Jimmy G was composed, creative and happy to take the role of playmaker whilst the underrated Onana won so many balls in midfield and kept us on the front foot. However, Doucs just nicked it. He has an incredible engine on him and a knack of being a bit of a “Johnny on the spot”. He’s not the easiest on the eye but by Christ he gives everything.
Exactly how I saw it. I'm a great believer in the old adage that games are won in midfield. Hesitate to say these three bossed it yesterday, but it was a big improvement.

….especially love winning whilst away on holiday, the rum and whiskey sours aren’t touching the sides tonight.

Just happy when we play with tempo, create chances and get plenty of players forward. Not asking much to be decent to watch. Onana/Garner seem to combine well, DCL looking high quality. We could be alright.

Garner MoM.
Dyche's tactics have been suspect way too ofter this season, I suspect he threw some dice for the matches.

I was speaking to my RS mate last night, and he brought him up and said he's scored seven in something like eighteen games.

I'm not sure if that's the actual figure, but there are strikers who'd like anything near that kind of return if it's correct.

Everyone played well Docus missed a 1 on 1 before he scored but we could of easily had 5 or 6 where Bournemouth did nothing, had to shots that Pickford saved easily, they are a bad team but for once we took advantage. The early Garner goal really helped

Status
Not open for further replies.