Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if we sell Kenny we will have to fork out at least all the money we make on him to buy a replacement, hence wiping any positive FFP cred.

So what would be the point of it? Or am i not understanding something about FFP here?

You may be able to buy a better right back than Kenny.

But if we sell Kenny we will have to fork out at least all the money we make on him to buy a replacement, hence wiping any positive FFP cred.

So what would be the point of it? Or am i not understanding something about FFP here?

Have to look at our RB situation, do not want to sign Sidibe, Coleman is coming to the end of his career - okay for another 2/3 seasons perhaps. So looks like we should retain Kenny for the present. Not seen any rumour on us chasing a class RB, have you?

Last edited:

I dont know how it works wages wise, but say we sell Kenny for £10 million - thats £10 million profit on the books as he came through the academy.

Say we then sign a better RB for £20 million on a 5 year deal - thats only £4 million on the books for the following 5 years (per each year of his contract).

I dont know how wages get taken into account but fees wise it helps the books this year if we sell players like Kenny rather than keep him imo.

Honestly I think we should try to find a buyer for Bernard.

I just don't see what he brings to the team and he has been in and out of the starting line up all his Everton career.

27 with plenty of football to play but not for us.

Honestly I think we should try to find a buyer for Bernard.

I just don't see what he brings to the team and he has been in and out of the starting line up all his Everton career.

27 with plenty of football to play but not for us.

He’s got ambitious mid to upper Serie A side written all over him. Let’s hope someone like Roma come in with a decent bid for him.

I dont know how it works wages wise, but say we sell Kenny for £10 million - thats £10 million profit on the books as he came through the academy.

Say we then sign a better RB for £20 million on a 5 year deal - thats only £4 million on the books for the following 5 years (per each year of his contract).

I dont know how wages get taken into account but fees wise it helps the books this year if we sell players like Kenny rather than keep him imo.

Fair enough. I dont really know how it works tbh.

Just thinking that we're not gonna be able to improve on Kenny by spending less that we receive for him

Maybe but selling Kenny helps us alot FFP speaking mate - I dont think money is an issue for us its the actual FFP books.

Thats why for me I would sell Bernard/Kenny as the two would fetch us a big profit.

Until the USM naming rights deal comes in I think we need to be clever player trading wise.
It's not just FFP we need to consider, though. Kenny is homegrown from within the club, we need 4 of those in our registered squad. Davies is another that people have proposed selling but the same applies to him. Who else do we have? I don't think DCL and Holgate signed early enough in their careers to qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.