Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is Gordon did more last night than dowell has been able to do in his whole career here. He's definitely talented but needs a perm move to a championship club. He will probably return to the prem like the way lundstram and forshaw have, but i think the ship has sailed here, he's never done enough to say we should pick him.

I think the most serious issue we need to address is why we can never get talented youngsters to live up to their potential. You see youngsters from other top 6 clubs, they'll go into the championship and just tear it up, they're confident. But ours just seem to go through the emotions of failed loan after failed loan.

You look at someone like abraham who kept doing brilliantly on loan in the championship. Youd hardly say he was a level above all our youngsyers when playing under age England games. But he slotted in from the off, whereas ours make little impact. Think it's massively down to mentality.

No, needs to stay here under Carlo.

Judging on yesterday, I think Digne would be a good, probably more affordable alternative to them to Chilwell. If we got £40+m that would be a good deal for us.

have to disagree, cannot keep selling our best players even for a big fee. We are building for the future not building other clubs up. Even if we did sell him does that mean you want to keep Garbutt, how else are to find another LB?

Hopefully a good one, that looks like Garbutts squad spot - such as it was - redistributed.

470svd.jpg

Some would disagree - but I would be all for Willian on a free for 1-2 seasons.

Lads miles ahead of any of our wide players and would allow us to spend more money on other areas like CM.
He'll be used to having no support going forward from his right back too from playing with Azpilicueta behind him the last few seasons.

Four players from your own academy?! By my reckoning Liverpool have one? City the same? In fact, who are ours? I can only think of Davies and Gordon this year under that criteria?

I’m sure Holgate DCL Keane Baines Davies Gordon Walcott would all count as home grown?

I’m sure Holgate DCL Keane Baines Davies Gordon Walcott would all count as home grown?
Same. My understanding was that homegrown applied to anybody who had come from any academy in the same country, but the post I was replying to said it had to be your own academy, and now someone's saying it's been that way for years.

I don’t know why we should price him less than Chilwell? He’s got far more experience, can take set pieces, and contributes far more key oases than Chilwell does. It’s just because Chilwell is English and has that Leicester premium on him because Maguire went for big money.

Well Chilwell is 4 years younger. If Digne was the same age I'd be with you all the way.

Judging on yesterday, I think Digne would be a good, probably more affordable alternative to them to Chilwell. If we got £40+m that would be a good deal for us.

I don't like the strategy of selling your best players to invest in others. Not when there are a number of gaps that need plugging in the squad.

Best thing to do is keep your best players were possible and sell deadwood. Easier said than done but more preferable than selling one of our best players to fund spending. Unless you get the spending bang on then it's a ,massive gamble nd you end up weaker for it. Even more so if it was only 40M to re-invest and the player(s) you are purchasing with the money come in that pay bracket or lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.