Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ideally we could do with a more creative midfielder like a Mount or a Maddison in that advanced role but the problem is that means we need to sign 2x CM's as Doucoure and Allan dont work well in a defensive duo as we saw at the start of the season when teams were cutting through us like butter which made Carlo switch it up and go ultra defensive.

So this summer if you offered me 1x CM signing it would be a Gana/Ndidi type over a Mount/Maddison type solely because it would allow us to push the fullbacks forward more and also move Doucoure into a more advanced box to box role and let him make those surging runs into the box to try get on the end of a cross which is a strong point of his game which he hasnt been able to do this season.

Otherwise if we just keep Doucoure/Allan and sign someone like Mount or James it just means Carlo will keep us defensively set up, low block defence of Mina/Keane which effectively negates the positives of having a creative CM as the time they get the ball the opposition have 10 behind the ball again.

The big thing we lack is pace, energy and players who want to drive forward with the ball and take on their man whereas ours cant wait to pass the ball on as soon as they get it.
I'd rather say we need a creator at dead center of the Christmas tree. A Pirlo, Xavi, or Arteta after he lost his pace.

Allan is a number 8, not a number 6 (in Brazilian terms). He doesn't look to control tempo.
Doucoure is a very gifted runner, but technically limited.

Of course, we can simply ask Siggy to play in front of the back 4 and look to exploit his passing range, but clearly he doesn't want to play there and wanted to score goals from deep, plus he doesn't defend well enough for today's game.

Yet Carlo and Silva when asked about it have both said 'we sit down at the end of the season'.

I'm sure the process does start earlier than that, we just never see any evidence that it definitely does. The one exception to that, in fairness, is with Gabriel, and that deal was all but done until COVID happened.

It'd be nice to think we could have a signing in before the Euros starts, but we'll see.

This is a club that paid £28m for Iwobi.

And the fans have regretted ever since. Bet to get shut we will be lucky to get peanuts.

I'd rather say we need a creator at dead center of the Christmas tree. A Pirlo, Xavi, or Arteta after he lost his pace.

Allan is a number 8, not a number 6 (in Brazilian terms). He doesn't look to control tempo.

Of course, we can simply ask Siggy to play in front of the back 4 and look to exploit his passing range, but clearly he doesn't want to play there and wanted to score goals from deep, plus he doesn't defend well enough for today's game.

Depends what formation he wants to play mate - if its 433 we need a Gana type to be the glue to hold it all together imo otherwise its the same issues we have had this season in either being too open and not having that defensive midfielder to plug the gaps or being too defensive and not being able to put enough pressure on the opposition.

In an ideal world we would sign a Gana and a Mount and drop Allan or Doucoure to the bench which would likely give us the best balance but realistically we'll be looking at 1 CM this summer you would imagine.

Depends what formation he wants to play mate - if its 433 we need a Gana type to be the glue to hold it all together imo otherwise its the same issues we have had this season in either being too open and not having that defensive midfielder to plug the gaps or being too defensive and not being able to put enough pressure on the opposition.

In an ideal world we would sign a Gana and a Mount and drop Allan or Doucoure to the bench which would likely give us the best balance but realistically we'll be looking at 1 CM this summer you would imagine.
Dare to say we are defensively disciplined, but our insistence of a high block made us prone to the occasional mistake and made Godfrey looked great.

We haven't got any money

We won the lottery a few years ago and spunked all of our cash on gold plated bath taps, 14 cars and a massive hot tub

We're basically the chavs of the Premier League - fur coat and no knickers

Yeah, that’s an issue because he has no passing range.

We all say we want to do business like Leicester, welp not a doubt in my mind Leicester would have sold Richarlison to Barca when the 85million bid came in.

We have to face the fact that nobody is going to want to spend money on our gash. If we want to improve and and buy players we HAVE to start selling our quality for big bucks when mad offers come in.

We all say we want to do business like Leicester, welp not a doubt in my mind Leicester would have sold Richarlison to Barca when the 85million bid came in.

We have to face the fact that nobody is going to want to spend money on our gash. If we want to improve and and buy players we HAVE to start selling our quality for big bucks when mad offers come in.

There was no £85m Barca bid for Richarlison.

Yerry Mina 3rd highest paid centre-back in the league behind van Dijk and Maguire according to this. If true, I can see why the club could be keen to move him on this summer.

They’ve got him mixed up with Bernard, he is on about half that. Every single one of City’s centre backs will be on more than Mina, what a horrendous list.

Status
Not open for further replies.