Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doucoure / Allan / Davies

Add a Gana/Ndidi/Bissouma type to those 3 and you have a decent few options in terms of the midfield particularly if you are switching back to a 433.

Its the likes of Slomes, Soggy, Delph and Gbamin that need to be culled - its like a graveyard for slow, injury prone weak midfielders.

There are absolutely no creators in that list. Need someone to spell James.

He's 25, on what planet is he finished at 25, until he says, I am retiring as my body can't take it anymore, he always has a chance. His injuries have been freak injuries, the lads been incredibly unlucky.

Dean Ashton was finished at 25. So was Abou Diaby. Players recover from broken bones but 20 months out with multiple severe muscle injuries is not good. I doubt he’ll play past 30 at least. It’s not at all his fault either by the way, just desperate luck.

He's 25, on what planet is he finished at 25, until he says, I am retiring as my body can't take it anymore, he always has a chance. His injuries have been freak injuries, the lads been incredibly unlucky.
I think it’s churlish to suggest that those injuries aren’t all, at least in part related

There are absolutely no creators in that list. Need someone to spell James.

Name me a James type creator in Liverpools midfield?

They don't need one when they have rapid fullbacks who can cross a ball and three 15+ goal a season forwards.
And another goalscorer on the bench.

Our problem isnt creativity its being a team of absolute slugs who put no teams under real pressure.

Name me a James type creator in Liverpools midfield?

They don't need one when they have rapid fullbacks who can cross a ball and three 15+ goal a season forwards.
And another goalscorer on the bench.

Our problem isnt creativity its being a team of absolute slugs who put no teams under real pressure.

...yep, a different model but similar outcome to our mid-80s team. Two CM who rarely crossed the halfway line but creativity & goals from wide positions. Also, the Reds aren’t afraid of going back to front quickly, by-passing CM.

Dean Ashton was finished at 25. So was Abou Diaby. Players recover from broken bones but 20 months out with multiple severe muscle injuries is not good. I doubt he’ll play past 30 at least. It’s not at all his fault either by the way, just desperate luck.

Stu Holden's injury saga comes to mind.

...yep, a different model but similar outcome to our mid-80s team. Two CM who rarely crossed the halfway line but creativity & goals from wide positions. Also, the Reds aren’t afraid of going back to front quickly, by-passing CM.

I think ideally we could do with a more creative midfielder like a Mount or a Maddison in that advanced role but the problem is that means we need to sign 2x CM's as Doucoure and Allan dont work well in a defensive duo as we saw at the start of the season when teams were cutting through us like butter which made Carlo switch it up and go ultra defensive.

So this summer if you offered me 1x CM signing it would be a Gana/Ndidi type over a Mount/Maddison type solely because it would allow us to push the fullbacks forward more and also move Doucoure into a more advanced box to box role and let him make those surging runs into the box to try get on the end of a cross which is a strong point of his game which he hasnt been able to do this season.

Otherwise if we just keep Doucoure/Allan and sign someone like Mount or James it just means Carlo will keep us defensively set up, low block defence of Mina/Keane which effectively negates the positives of having a creative CM as the time they get the ball the opposition have 10 behind the ball again.

The big thing we lack is pace, energy and players who want to drive forward with the ball and take on their man whereas ours cant wait to pass the ball on as soon as they get it.

Thiago, if he wasn't as fragile as James.
Worth mentioning that Firmino is very good at holding up the ball high on the pitch, while we don't have anyone suitable for that.

I don’t think it’s an ill informed opinion to suggest that Gbamin may never fully recover from his injury problems.

Not to suggest it as a possibility, no. But to state it as a certainty when you're not qualified, don't have any contact with the player, don't work for the club and have zero insight into his current physical condition, certainly is ill informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.