Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he can. But we've yet to see it in the Prem and Wolves let him go because they think he can't. Time will tell.

Wolves didn't have Keane, permacrock, 50/50 Holgate & the athlete with no positional sense or football brain (injured now anyway) as their choices of CB to play ahead of him though I would guess lol

Jackson's release clause is £27m, yes?

How much is Tsygankov? If he's cheaper put him at RW and move McNeil more central.

I really feel we missed a trick by not gazumping Monaco for Camara. £13m is an absolute steal and I'm sorry but we still need CM reinforcements.

Tsyganov plays for Kyiv so i assume it wouldnt be too much...pre war perhaps £40mil+ but now who knows?

Instead of Camara... @Nymzee mentioned Garner from United. He looks good.

Hopeful of Idrissa Gana Gueye still before end of deadline, we still want him and he still wants the move, there is a stand off between him and PSG over money.

With regards to a striker coming in, it’s a constant changing situation with us talking with a different striker this afternoon to what we were this morning.

Of the ones youve heard OR just in the media, who do you fancy?

The striker situation is a difficult one. If DCL is fit he is a very good front man, which would mean we only need a backup option. The problem is he is injured most of the time. And it's far from ideal to use the "backup" option more then the first choice. But signing a topstriker costs a lot of money. Money we could (and should) spend on other positions in the squad. We need the midfield sorted with players who can actually hold and pass the ball. Those players don't come cheap as well. Considering our FFP position we probably won't be able to get everything we want. But we surely cannot afford to play half the season with half a striker...

You just have to look at his recent history for us though to understand people's frustration: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/yerry-mina/leistungsdaten/spieler/289446/plus/0?saison=2021

This season, managed 70 mins in the first game, out for 8 weeks.

Last season managed 1 full game, had to miss the next. Managed 4 games after that, then injured and missed 7. Came back, played 31 mins, got injured and missed 3. Came back, played 2, then on the third managed 35 mins before getting injured again and missing 9. 1 game, missed the next, 1 game, then 18 mins of the next injured to miss the final 4.

Unreliable and frankly, I'm starting to get the impression half of his injuries are just him not fancying it. Just on Saturday we saw Coady down injured for a while but trooper on till subbed off for another forward. Absolutely no chance in Hell does Mina try carry on after a knock.

Huge wages, unreliable, unsellable, everyone is just pretty sick of him now regardless of how much he loves a boogie when we score.

I'll add to that, some players hard man facade but a sift belly, Mina is a classic example - great at verbally winding up or going face to face with someone but a slight discomfort he's crying mama and signalling to the bench.

Gutless a player as I've seen at us

I'll add to that, some players hard man facade but a sift belly, Mina is a classic example - great at verbally winding up or going face to face with someone but a slight discomfort he's crying mama and signalling to the bench.

Gutless a player as I've seen at us

Funniest, in a way, part of it is in those games he played and had to come off I bet in the match thread you'll see posts from me and others well before the injury saying "he's not up for this" then low and behold, pulls up.

Newcastle was a classic one.

Hopeful of Idrissa Gana Gueye still before end of deadline, we still want him and he still wants the move, there is a stand off between him and PSG over money.

With regards to a striker coming in, it’s a constant changing situation with us talking with a different striker this afternoon to what we were this morning.
Hopefully way before because are we just going to wait for another two weeks for the possibility of him resolving this issue?

If so, I would rather go and find somebody else...

If he really wanted to come he'd waive this PSG money. Not like we're going to be paying him minimum wage.

Tsyganov plays for Kyiv so i assume it wouldnt be too much...pre war perhaps £40mil+ but now who knows?

Instead of Camara... @Nymzee mentioned Garner from United. He looks good.

Of the ones youve heard OR just in the media, who do you fancy?
To be honest I don’t know too much about most of them but trust our current staff to get it right more than previous. But as of today one isn’t imminent let’s hope we do get one over the line in time for Saturday though ??

The striker situation is a difficult one. If DCL is fit he is a very good front man, which would mean we only need a backup option. The problem is he is injured most of the time. And it's far from ideal to use the "backup" option more then the first choice. But signing a topstriker costs a lot of money. Money we could (and should) spend on other positions in the squad. We need the midfield sorted with players who can actually hold and pass the ball. Those players don't come cheap as well. Considering our FFP position we probably won't be able to get everything we want. But we surely cannot afford to play half the season with half a striker...
The variable in this predicament personally is DCL's tenure with the club likely coming to end in the not so distant future. Considering that variable, the cost and or difficulty of replacing such a threat, the cover should be scheming for that transition. Someone who can start in a pinch and be playable but has room and is bought with an idea to grow into a starter. Planning succession ahead of time could save us millions if scouted well considering the positions premium. With his exit looming I dont really see the point of buying for a longterm squad player who is maybe maxed his potential, or is predicated on playing alongside him.

Decent defender Mina, but, not somebody you could rely on. For such an imposing man he breaks very easily. He's going nowhere this season, Injured or not, he will run his contract down. Expect a run of 10 or so games uninjured around about March.

Status
Not open for further replies.