Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
False. The recruitment has NOT been skewed that way.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, in the squad other than Coady can play in a 433, 4231 or 442.

In fact, most of our midfielders would perform better in a 433 than a 523 / 343.

Coady can play in a 4 if he needs to.

Tsygankov and Nicolas Jackson seem to be the best two attacking links so far (aside from the Chelsea pair).

Jackson + Onana look like they could carry the ball between one another up the pitch with ease.
Jackson's release clause is £27m, yes?

How much is Tsygankov? If he's cheaper put him at RW and move McNeil more central.

I really feel we missed a trick by not gazumping Monaco for Camara. £13m is an absolute steal and I'm sorry but we still need CM reinforcements.

Lot of factors and variables in considering a Gordon sale.

Objectively my stance has nothing to do with needing more proven commodities for this season. We need a secondary goal threat to assure some level of safety, but Gordon's inclusion or exclusion I don't find makes our breaks or league position. Especially considering a fair amount of depth at his position that are arguably on his level currently. Once you factor a Chelsea return being reinvested, its hard to think broadly speaking we wouldn't be able to improve.

Broadly I dont really care where we end up in the table really for the next 2 maybe 3 years if we are consistently not in a relegation scrap, as long as we are on a developmental track that is maturing talent and selling for profit to eventually close the gap (far as I see it don't see another viable model). Gordon fits the youth movement, but he also right now is seemingly also fitting the selling for a high profit part of that equation. One can be engaged by his potential and also see his sale as the viable basis for acquiring more players of similar intrigue and eventual opportunities. Brighton sold Ben White for 50 million, used 18 million of those sums on Cucurella, only a year later sell him for 63 million. Such a logic and model should be replicated and to the extent that Gordon is the leverage to reinvest (when there aren't that many other pathways of sellable players to generate funds rostered) is pragmatic.

If concerns are raised by Thelwell's ability to find the value propositions Gordon's sale would offer, I think that has some merit. If AG goes and he turns to Gibbs White for 30+ of that 40 that would cast the initial deal in a different light completely. That said deals like Onana do provide a basis and conceptually its the right order of operations. The club has to get comfortable at selling players with intention and thinking of it as an opportunity. Hard as it is to say I do think the sell would be wise.

If we managed to include Gallagher in a deal then alongside Onana thats a very strong pairing.

If Broja then weve got a long term spine with Onana and Branthwaite.

Both and weve somehow managed to get a top 8 first 11 together imo.
Don't disagree with any of that, but there seems to be several alternatives to Broja out there, so I'd lean towards asking for Gallagher.

There was mention of Ajorque on loan for a fee of less than a million plus his wages (£25k p/w) - if DCL is back soon then I'd consider Ajorque as his backup for the season and go get Burkhardt next summer from Mainz. Get Terrier or Tsygankov in too and we're cooking.

Lot of factors and variables in considering a Gordon sale.

Objectively my stance has nothing to do with needing more proven commodities for this season. We need a a secondary goal threat to assure some level of safety, but Gordon's inclusion or exclusion I don't find makes our breaks or league position. Especially considering a fair amount of depth at his position that are arguably on his level currently. Once you factor a Chelsea return being reinvested, its hard to think broadly speaking we wouldn't be able to improve.

Broadly I dont really care where we end up in the table really for the next 2 maybe 3 years if we are consistently not in a relegation scrap, as long as we are on a developmental track that is maturing talent and selling for profit to eventually close the gap (far as I see it don't see another viable model). Gordon fits the youth movement, but he also right now is seemingly also fitting the selling for a high profit part of that equation. One can be engaged by his potential and also see his sale as the viable basis for acquiring more players of similar intrigue and eventual opportunities. Brighton sold Ben White for 50 million, used 18 million of those sums on Cucurella, only a year later sell him for 63 million. Such a logic and model should be replicated and to the extent that Gordon is the leverage to reinvest (when there aren't that many other pathways of sellable players to generate funds rostered) is pragmatic.

If concerns are raised by Thelwell's ability to find the value propositions Gordon's sale would offer, I think that has some merit. If AG goes and he turns to Gibbs White for 30+ of that 40 that would cast the initial deal in a different light completely. That said deals like Onana do provide a basis and conceptually its the right order of operations. The club has to get comfortable at selling players with intention and thinking of it as an opportunity. Hard as it is to say I do think the sell would be wise.
You have got the job.

Very true, already tried to strengthen the back yet we've already conceded 3 proper plop goals. Though I guess Doucoure can be held accountable for Chelsea, the one where he got turned by Ings he must have been injured and then Villa's 2nd they just waltzed through the middle.
I get doucoure but you defend as a team and are only as good as your weakest, which means defending our way to some sort of " moshiri success " won't work.

@Simon Buttle @Nymzee @BlueToff and anyone else who has seen Nicolas Jackson whose been linked at Villereal.

He looks like he would be very effective (like Onana) at ball carrying and bringing others into play.

Semenyo (Bristol City) seems similar in the sense that based off youtube he can carry the ball forward and bring others into play.

Looks like this is the attacking midfield type were after to ball carry and to feed other players.

Have any of you seen Semenyo or Jackson play?

Any thoughts?
Not seen any of him mate

Tsygankov and Nicolas Jackson seem to be the best two attacking links so far (aside from the Chelsea pair).

Jackson + Onana look like they could carry the ball between one another up the pitch with ease.

….yep, I particularly liked the look of Jackson but we were linked with another a few days ago who looked the real deal. I think he was Nigerian with a name that made a few laugh, very much in the Lukaku mould.

Agreed. But in fairness I wasn't to know that you left him out of your squad by accident or that your next post was not meant to be taken seriously. But my post has provoked 5 other negative replies (so far) which is a bit of a record for me in 6 years on here. I think that reflects the general feeling towards him.

Can't be arsed with it all if I'm honest mate. I'll keep my views to myself in future. Not good for the soul.
Keep posting your opinions mate. I like to see my fellow Evertonians views, That’s what the forums for.
As it happens i don’t agree with you on this one but it doesn’t really matter?

Hopeful of Idrissa Gana Gueye still before end of deadline, we still want him and he still wants the move, there is a stand off between him and PSG over money.

With regards to a striker coming in, it’s a constant changing situation with us talking with a different striker this afternoon to what we were this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.