Homepage Update: Everton Sign Sambou (2019 edit - released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely room for one of either him or the Swiss fella int he first team squad, age would suggest the Swiss fella. Has connor Mac Left the club now?

One is an 18 year old with a single senior game to his name, the other is a 21 year old Swiss international with 50 odd senior games under his belt, pretty obvious who will be ahead of the pecking order for now.

So do we have to give Coventry anything? Compo?

Yeah clubs signing players under 23 are required to pay compensation to the club(s) that have developed the player even if he's leaving at the end of a contract, can be negotiated by the clubs or decided by tribunal.

a player that betrays the club that made him what he is... No thanks!

This doesn't really auger well, does it...? If he's been promised first team involvement at Coventry, imho he should have stayed, proved himself in League 1 and then move on. But of course he would have to deliver in that case. Rushing to a premiership club now, against the wishes of your home club sniffs of being a billy big boots.

However, I hope he's so boss that he will make a success of it at Everton, but I'm guessing he will find the competition that much harder to break through. Fingers crossed!

This doesn't really auger well, does it...? If he's been promised first team involvement at Coventry, imho he should have stayed, proved himself in League 1 and then move on. But of course he would have to deliver in that case. Rushing to a premiership club now, against the wishes of your home club sniffs of being a billy big boots.

However, I hope he's so boss that he will make a success of it at Everton, but I'm guessing he will find the competition that much harder to break through. Fingers crossed!
Frankly, I'm a little disappointed that Everton approached him, if Mowbray is as angry as it seems it all seems a little dishonourable. But I expect if it wasn't us, it'd be someone else, so hopefully we've picked up a good player and he has a future with us.

Frankly, I'm a little disappointed that Everton approached him, if Mowbray is as angry as it seems it all seems a little dishonourable. But I expect if it wasn't us, it'd be someone else, so hopefully we've picked up a good player and he has a future with us.
if i didn't murder john lennon,someone else would have. So it might just as well be me who did it. :p

if i didn't murder john lennon,someone else would have. So it might just as well be me who did it. :p
A strange analogy. At the end of the day, he'd decided he wasn't staying at Coventry, so I'm pleased we got him ahead of another club. I just hope we didn't initially turn his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.