Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little unfair. Kean got some goals but couldn't settle, he's still a young lad, and while he was here Walcott was the ultimate professional and always contributed .People had it in for him because like Tosun, he was a Big Sam signing. Do you think Richarlison has been 'useful' this season?

I actually didn’t mind either of them. I’m not sure why Kean wasn’t given more opportunities and Walcott seemed to be playing well under Carlo and we could do with his pace now. Just goes to show we don’t know what happens with individual players at the club and what their circumstances are.

No Richarlison has been a massive disappointment this season

Lids.

Josh King is an ok player. Cenk Tosun is not an ok player. Clear upgrade on the squad. I'd wager I) King will be motivated to show that he can compete for Richy or DCL's spot; and II) that in turn he will motivate DCL and Richy to show that he can't.

IMHO that is the ideal winter signing. You don't want to upset the first 11 if you can help it. DCL and Richy have looked a little off the pace, a little frustrated, a little low in quality in the last month or two. A new face to push the boys a bit harder to prove their worth is just what we want.

I actually think Josh King has the quality/technique to get a bit of game time and do alright with it. Not even arsed that he's been crap in the champs this year. Last year of the contract and clearly not motivated. Let's hope Big Dunc will get him on the straight and narrow.

At the present time, we'd get a more positive contribution from King than from Richie.

Obviously, but not a squad of mediocre players. Look at our team this season, the drop off in quality when we have a couple of injuries is huge. King continues that trend unfortunately, happy to be proven wrong.

Hopefully you will be, King has a contract for next season to play for

Regarding quality from the bench, he is our best forward option from the bench now, Tosun wasn’t. 7 bellies from Newcastle is a better option than Tosun

I'm quite happy with the signing.
He's not a world beater, but he knows his way round the Premier League - none of that "bedding in" scenario to navigate with an overseas player.
He ticks every box we need - fast, multiple position, back up. Perfect!
Some on here want 25 players with Messi capabilities but that's impossible.
Not even Madrid, Barca, Munich or PSG have that. Scratch beneath the surface and all have players on the bench who are a step down from the first XI.
I'm just sorry we didn't sign Wilson from Bournmouth in the summer when we had the chance instead. Could've stopped 2 defeats to Newcastle then!

It shows the state the squad was in that we’ve managed to ship a load of players out, only brought one in and already have more viable first 11 options than at the beginning of the window.
Does highlight the task brands had in January ..having to try and shift multiple (crap) players out to get one solid in...

Hopefully it will help Richarlisons game Steve as its some genuine competition now for his position.
That is the main reason I am happy with the signing. Actually gives Richarlison some proper competition, which you would think will lift him. He knows right now that if he doesn't perform, there is no one behind him pushing that Carlo trusts.

My other reason for liking it, is it means we can play proper counter attacking football with a front six line up like this where needed:

Allan Doucoure
Richarlison James King
DCL

That gives us some proper pace on the counter, and James three over the top/through ball options.

Can’t believe ppl are calling King a championship striker and not good enough, he’s scored 40+ in the prem for Bournemouth, a struggling team, where I imagine he didn’t get a lot of service
His best days at Bournemouth were when Howe had them playing that quick, counter-attacking football a couple of years ago with the likes of Wilson, Brooks, Stanislas, Lerma & Ibe with Gosling operating just in behind. Suited him right down to the ground.

As others have said, he fits a profile of forward that we need right now - someone who'll stretch defenses and is capable of dribbling a bit. Think he could work well with some of the players we have, particularly James.

What’s amazing is that we’ve shifted out loads of players but they’re players we barely use. All those outs and we still haven’t even got onto the players who are causing the problems on the pitch like Pickford Coleman Davies Siggurdson Gomes Bernard Iwobi. Not saying all should definitely go (Gomes Iwobi might make ok backup) but we can’t continue into next season with lineups including a lot of those players.

Status
Not open for further replies.